Another Cheddite primer question.........

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by Steve Randall, May 13, 2023.

1. Steve Randall

Steve Randall Member

I have found that the Cheddite tray that holds the new Cheddite primers will not fit down into the tray on my MEC reloader. I just compared the size of the two trays and sure enough the Cheddite tray is a lot wider than a Winchester 209 primer tray. And when I try to reload my reloader with primers half of them get dumped upside down or on their side. So what are you guys doing to cure this problem? I thought about taking them out to the shop and running a belt sander down the side of each tray, that way I can slide them in to the primer holder on the reloader. So have any of you had the same problems putting Cheddite primers into your reloader? Thanks for any advice.

2. Steve Randall

Steve Randall Member

Well I just noticed too late that somebody has already asked about this situation. Sorry about the error. I should have read farther down before I posted my thread. I apologize. Have a nice day.

3. Geterdun

Geterdun Active Member

I just loaded my first Cheddite primers yesterday. Had to lower my primer seat tube just a bit. Other than that, worked ok. Shot some today, not bad......

Steve Randall likes this.