Amateur Trapshooting Hall of Fame Hours etc?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by 9118, Jun 15, 2016.

1. 9118

9118 Member

When is the HOF open for business? Are they charging an entry fee? What has been the total number visitors?

2. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

I looked on the THOF website and this is the best I can help you with, copied from THOF Site:

Over 400 boxes, containing over 5,000 items, have all been unpacked.

The research library is almost complete and the displays are being designed.

The move went fantastic and we are excited to begin receiving visitors!

We will be open during all scheduled events at the World Shooting & Recreational Complex.

Follow the link on the left to visit their page for a schedule of events.

If you would like to visit on other dates, please contact us to make an appointment.

We will have our official Grand Opening on Sunday August 7th, at 7pm.

http://www.traphof.org/

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT, YOU CAN MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AND GO.

3. James

James Member

That was last year. Grand opening and closing the same week.

4. History Seeker

James.

I guess they better do some updating on their site then....

Sorry I didn't catch that !

5. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Amateur should really be removed from the Hall of Fame Logo (name) and it just be called the "Trapshooting Hall of Fame" being as the majority of the people who are in it are Professional to some degree after a certain era or time for the sake of accuracy ... Some of the great (if only in their own mind) shooters will never get in except to walk through as they, if they visit ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Bait and bagel shop will re-open on site after the Grand!

7. History Seeker

Specific requirements for competitors are:

Shooters with impressive records on an ATA-wide basis who are still living and have been in active competition for a period of 20 years or more. .
    Shooters who are deceased and have honored themselves in trapshooting on an ATA-wide basis for a significant number of years.

THOF LOGO.jpg

Around 2010 or so the THOF BOT decided to go back to the original design of the logo with 1969 in it. For some reason they have since gone back to ATA in the center....

Reading the qualifications for a candidate is confusing because it states "On an ATA wide basis" throughout....Bogardus, Carver, and the like were way before ATA came about...The original idea of the THOF was to honor all trapshooting, be it live bird, glass ball, or clay targets...

From what I have gathered (and I could be wrong), that was why the originators of the THOF like Jimmy Robinson, and Betty Ann Foxworthy, had gone with the "1969 " in the center of the original logo...Along the lines that got to be ATA.

So WPT, you are correct...The "Amateur" word was not involved at one time.

8. Harrisonjh

Harrisonjh Member

Do you think there were more in the OSTA HOF this summer already than will visit Sparta.

9. hard left

hard left Member

It helps if you have the ability to vote yourself in or donate money.

10. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Will the H.O.F. be open if there is no electric power. If there is no shoot who will get the blame? I'm sure it will be blamed on the OHIO shooters and the Cardinal Center. Heaven forbid that any one would hint that is the fault of the B.O.D and the E.C. along with the DELEGATES. Roger C.

wpt likes this.