WTB Browning Broadway Stock

Discussion in 'For Sale-Wanted to Buy' started by Kailsdad, Mar 31, 2024.

1. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

I have a Browning Broadway that has Salt wood and was never replaced when offered by Browning under warrantee. Metal has been cleaned and reblued once and prefer not doing it again so I need a new syock, what do you have available to make this gun whole again. Don

2. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

Everyone, this is a salt gun that has been refinished but will always show signs of pitting on edges thus a used tack off stock with normal marks and scratches would be fine. People have offered me beautiful custom "AA" grade stocks but this is a junior shooter new to ATA and poor, thus stocks that are 3 to 4 times what's invested in the gun now is not in the cards. Also, if you know if glass bedding the receiver will eliminate the rusting please advise... Thanks... Don

3. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

Anyone have a inexpensive used stock laying around, Short Tang...

4. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

How many stocks do you need?
    I see more than one post asking about a stock.

5. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

I only need one for the gun I have, we have cleaned it, polished it, reblued it and it rusts up in 3 months on the original stock which is why I need a replacement. It's a club gun for Junior shooters and anyone interested in trying to shoot doubles with and does not need expensive wood, just functional. Don

6. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

I appreciate the offer on a Custom Stock but that costs 3 times what the gun is worth. a standard Field or Trap short tang Belgium Browning stock will work or if you have a solution to solve the Salt wood issue and use the original stock please let me know that too! Thanks Don

7. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

any condition stock will work as long as it's not a salt wood stock like on gun! Thanks... Don