Why EV cars/trucks are NFG !!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by 635 G, Aug 19, 2023.

1. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

The CEO of Ford was driving one of his company's electric F-150's, well he had to wait 40 minutes to get the damn thing charged to 40%

Imagine the backup if there is an evacuation order due to some natural weather occurance !!!

2. anthony morton

anthony morton Mega Poster

welcome to the demented world of Biden the communist thug

THEUNLOADER and Ken Cerney like this.
  3. Jack Olson

Jack Olson Mega Poster

If you hook your Boat to a Ford F150 electric truck you will need to recharge in 80 miles.

4. Lloyd Reed

Lloyd Reed Active Member

Battery powered vehicles are not sustainable. I worked in a factory where most of the equipment was battery powered and since the plant ran 24 hours a day they had removable batteries. Still took 30 minutes to perform the change and it was a more complicated than fueling a gas vehicle. Battery powered vehicles are useful in certain environments however in everyday car and truck use they’re as useful as driving a model T for commuting 100 miles a day. Maybe they’ll figure out hydrogen powered vehicles someday but until then.. keep drilling those well.

5. hulk439

hulk439 Member

I used the Tesla trip planner to see what a normally two day drive would be like using the Tesla superchargers. There was over 12 hours of just charging time added to the trip.

I love my electric but it's the last thing I would choose for a cross country driving trip. Hopefully, the infrastructure will get better in the next 5-6 years.

6. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

And hope the chargers that are indicated are working, or you might be SOL, has anyone ever gone to a gas station where they were out of gas or had non functioning pumps? the trip planners don't show this !!!