Vehicle Tracking Devices You Have Experienced Using??

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by Shooter11, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Shooter11

Shooter11 Isaiah 30:18

Folks,

Which tracking devices for people and/or vehicles would you recommend?

I have already tried Apple Tag and they aren't quick enough to show accurate results.

I figure there would have to be a monthly charge for usage.

2. Trapstarr

Trapstarr Hall monitor

It’s not as simple as you think it is, my brother used to install tracking devices on planes, ships and cars. They are lots of devices. Some uses independent batteries that needs to be changed periodically and some use the charge from the car and they have special SIM cards in them. You may have to speak to someone who does this.

3. rifle1

rifle1 Michael Allen

There are a variety of wearable GPS tracking devices available on the market that can help you keep track of someone's location. since you have tried Apple Tag , you can also try Samsung Galaxy Watch, Garmin Vivosmart, and the Tile Mate.

4. rifle1

rifle1 Michael Allen

For vehicles, there are several types of tracking devices available, ranging from simple GPS trackers to more advanced systems that offer additional features such as real-time tracking, geofencing, and remote engine disablement. Some popular options include the Vyncs GPS tracker, Spytec GL300 GPS tracker, and the MOTOsafety GPS tracker.

When selecting a tracking device, it's important to consider factors such as the type of tracking you need (real-time vs. historical), battery life, range, and any additional features you may require. It's also important to consider any legal or ethical implications of tracking someone or something without their knowledge or consent.

5. I have the Land Air Sea, hidden inside the vehicle and hardwired to the house Batt that is supplier by solar. Looks very well build and works good, they all pretty much do the same thing. App is a bit limited but does allow you to set move fences and track history

6. hulk439

hulk439 Member

FYI,

Not all trackers are the same. Some are reliably accurate to within about 100' while others are accurate to approx .5 to 3/4 of a mile. It may not be a concern in a rural area but imagine trying to find your stolen vehicle which is hidden somewhere in even a small city of 50,000.