Tristar tt 15 DX Unsingle Trap Info

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Dr Short shot, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Dr Short shot

Dr Short shot I Luv Sparta

Anyone own or Shoot a Tristar TT 15 DX Unsingle Trap? i see they just come out with it.i was wondering about the Quality of the fit and Finish of It. is it about the same fit and finish as the newer Browning Bt 99 ? Thanks

2. converse

converse Member

Add I saw said around a grand. I would also like info especially about the trigger.

3. Dr Short shot

Here is a picture of the new Tristar DX 15 Unsingle i found on the net. Nice looking smoke Pole. image.jpg

4. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Would like to see a better picture.

5. Dr Short shot

Me To That was all of the pictures i could Find .

6. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

Tri Star stated that these early guns was a test run. They now plan on starting regular production in or around November of this year. On the test run they were using the Beretta Mobile choke tubes. Also the one that I shot did not have a center bead. Hope the install one on the new run.

7. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

Was told by Tristar the entire gun is a lot better than the older version. TT-09 Mono Trap. Trigger included

8. 214-972

214-972 Member

Does anyone have one yet. I would like to see one.

9. HKMLOG32

HKMLOG32 Active Member Founding Member

I myself have been looking at them, here's some info I found. The person to call is Patrick McCabe his phone number is: 585-317-3958. He is suppose to have a shipment coming in of The O/U TT-15 $1236.00 shipped. The un-single TT-15 DX I have no info about it. You could call Pat and find out.:p:p:p:p:p:p

10. HKMLOG32

HKMLOG32 Active Member Founding Member

IMG_1249.JPG Here's a new pic.

11. Wadhopper

Wadhopper Active Member

12. Wadhopper

Wadhopper Active Member

IMG_2841.JPG IMG_2840.JPG IMG_2844.JPG IMG_2845.JPG IMG_2843.JPG IMG_2861.JPG
    Unsingle pattern with three shims, rib set in middle slot front and back. 30 yards off rest. Since centered pattern... IMG_2795.JPG IMG_2799.JPG

Brent Paulus and targetbreaker like this.
  13. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Nice looking gun Wadhopper! I read on another thread that you have been shooting it at Bucyrus. You will find some of the very best "games" shooters in Ohio at that club. I always had a good time shooting there. If your new gun can hang with those boys, it's gonna be a keeper!

targetbreaker and Wadhopper like this.
  14. James344

James344 Well-Known Member

We got our hands on the new O/U last fall during the Cardinal Classic. I shot it in the fall league at the CC and thought it was great. Had an adjustable butt plate and kick-eez put on by Rod of Rod's Custom Stocks, and there was very little felt recoil, even on the 3 dram Federals from Walmart.

I think these guns are an excellent choice for beginning shooters, and if they hold up the they could be very competitive.

Haven't had a chance to try them on doubles yet, but plan on trying it during practices with the Cardinal Youth team this spring.

Brent Paulus, Wadhopper and Smokintom like this.
  15. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

They look a lot like the Verona that was displayed in Las Vegas some years ago, didn't look bad but when you closed it, it rattled like it was going to fall apart ... There are far to many quality guns on the market today that can be bought used and have a lot of years left in them to bother with some low end gun that turns out to be less than one can or would expect for the money ... Take a look around and see when it is the next time you see a Verona sitting in the rack ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. Wadhopper

Wadhopper Active Member

I've heard many unsingles, monos and O/U rattle like the ribs gonna fall off, regardless of brand but what's really amazing is if you don't slam it shut it wont rattle. That's just the nature of adjustable ribs.
    I'm no expert and god forbid I claim to be but when is the last time you bought a used gun with a 5-yr warranty?

17. wpt

I shoot Model 12's and Perazzi's, had a really nice Beretta, none of them rattle ... I have owned way to many guns over the years to even argue the point, none that rattled and I don't care if the warranty is life time, its trouble ... Looks good, but you get what you pay for ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. Wadhopper

Wadhopper Active Member

I'm drawing the line...If you don't have one or have shot one for more than a few rounds you're just blowing smoke. I cannot recall any other discussion that has generated such commotion as the TriStar TT15. Evidently it simply isn't possible to produce a product that serves it's intended purpose at a reasonable price point. Like I've said before, you guys just keep hiding in the shadows while waiting to jump out screaming "HA-HA...WE TOLD YOU SO" meanwhile, I'm going to keep shooting.
    If and when it breaks, I'll be a SadHopper but until then, it's paid for and I didn't have to drop my left nut to smoke the guys that did.
    madcalvin.png

19. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Valmet, Krieghoff and Charles Daly had lifetime warrantees too. Good luck with those!

20. fester

fester Member

WPT....sand falls out of a lot of guns when shook. just depends

21. targetbreaker

targetbreaker if it goirs bang I probley shot it.

I have been it the game a long time, they all fail sooner or later, I waited on guys with P-guns
    and k-guns, and lots of other brands when they broke something.
    some have to have a yearly tune up @$200. or less or more.
    Shoot what ya got and let the other do the same if get beat by a cheap one, its not the gun but the person driving it.;)

Brent Paulus likes this.
  22. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

Release trigger/s option?

23. Wadhopper

Wadhopper Active Member

Exactly! I didn't buy my TT15 with the expectation of it lasting a lifetime. I bought it to see if I was under-gunned and it has proven to me that I was right. It's a stepping stone to that next gun. It serves its purpose and will last until I upgrade. The sooner it takes a shit, the sooner I upgrade. At least know I know that the upgrade will suite me. Some may say that it's not the gun, its the shooter but only to a certain point. If the gun didn't have something to do with it, they wouldn't build them. Its all a matter of disposable income.

24. Wadhopper

Wadhopper Active Member

They are in the works. Patrick McCabe; Shop Teck Inc. is working with an undisclosed vendor at this time to develop one. That's all I know of. There may be others that I am unaware of.

In light of recent claims and events, please refer to the following disclaimer...

***This is in no way a recommendation or referral of business neither for nor against any individual, group, business or cooperation***

25. xtj

xtj New Member

I think if you call Phillips gunsmithing in emory tx. He will install a release.
    Note same disclaimer as wadhopper:p

Xtj

26. wpt

Now, I wish I would of bought a Verona, (NOT) ... Shoot what you can afford to shoot, don't count on beating any body until its over and you got the money in the bank or belt buckle on your belt ... Good luck, it guns like that , that keep the gun smiths in business, they have to eat also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

27. Wadhopper

Wadhopper Active Member

28. Wadhopper

Wadhopper Active Member

I'm glad I have it. I've won lots of meat with it at local shoots so I am eating well, so much so that I could share with the gunsmith.

And to help you type your reply...I took the liberty of doing it for you!

I, am, not, sure, a, credible, gunsmith, would, work, on, trash, since, it, would, be, cheaper, to, throw, it, in, the, garbage.

targetbreaker likes this.
  29. wpt

To each their own, if you like it, that thrills me to death ... I used to have a FFL and not sure there was ever a gun that came on the market that I did not get to look at, check out, and shoot if I had the desire to do so ... Don't take it personal because it is not a personal attack on you or your taste in guns , likes and dislikes of same ... My Likes and dislikes are just as valid as yours , I don't shoot a gun because it costs a lot of money, I shoot guns if they feel good and I can shoot them reasonably well ... I do not care about how good (well) you are eating or if you eat at all to be honest, I have not starved in the over 65 + years I been around but there were some pretty lean times, I got through them one way or the other ... I have shot for some fantastic meals over the course of time and enjoyed the ones that others had to pay for after the shooting was done ... When it breaks down at the absolute worse possible time think of me, now I know you will ... Some of the gun smiths Thank God for those who make guns that break all the time, keeps them busy and well fed just like you, same with the guys and ladies you'll be shooting off (?) against in time ... Enjoy your gun, hope you don't think of me to often now that I mentioned it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

30. Wadhopper

Wadhopper Active Member

All in good humor, no offence intended and none taken. We'll eat together someday...my treat!

31. targetbreaker

targetbreaker if it goirs bang I probley shot it.

Burger king $1 items only, same disclaimer as above post.

Wadhopper likes this.