Splitting the ATA

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Palos shooter, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

Maybe we can split the ATA into two factions.The one we have now and the old one with 3 hole targets.Those who want to shoot the old way could have theit targets registered under old way and the two hole targets could be registered under the new way.We could go back to the pro class also.Industry shooters are another class.Those that give shooting lessons could shoot for there own money.If you get free bees you are a pro.
    Also all money's stay in class.Each class shoots for there own money.also each yardage group shoots for there own money.All the shootouts should be from the 25 yard line.Miss and out.All of this is possible at the Grand at Sparta.they have the room to do this with there many traps.We could have a shoot off for the winners of two hole targets and three hole targets.I think this is a great solution to this problem.

wpt likes this.
  2. Live Oak

Live Oak Well-Known Member

Palos......

All that sounds good to me except for the stuff where I have to go to Illinois. That won't happen.

wpt likes this.
  3. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

Live Oak.Maybe we can get the great state of Ohio to spend about 50 million dollars to make a new shooting complex to host this new ATA site.It could be located close to Vandalia Ohio.I often wondered why Ohio dropped the ball and let the Grand American move out from Vandalia.Maybe Ohio isn't as gun friendly as Illinois.The ATA is a grass roots organinaction and we have nothing else to replace it right now.
    I don't see any other replacement in the future.Maybe we can have a Cardinal ATA in the future.Like in 2020..If you want changes to the ATA see your delegates or change them..

4. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Palos,

jmho The grand died long ago. It is now a meaningless word stripped of it's dignity. Shoot at the CC. You will understand. The ATA is dying a much slower death. It's rot stinks from the head down. That includes most delegates that failed to do their job in hopes of recieving the gun that was forbidden by our bylaws.

I appreciate your ideas above. The letters just suck.

wpt likes this.
  5. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

In my opinion "splitting the ATA" should read ..... splitting FROM the ATA .....

wpt likes this.
  6. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

The NATA, The New ATA, and the OATA Old ATA, I am for the NATA

Gary Bryant......................................Dr.longshot