Shooting sports

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by ken woodworth, Apr 7, 2024.

1. ken woodworth

ken woodworth Well-Known Member

How many gun clubs are located within 30 miles from your house ? where are you located, looking for a place to move that is gun friendly. I live in NY and have 6 around me.

2. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

im in ct. i can shoot a different club 4 times in one day.
    but its not gun friendly.

3. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

NW Ohio. Lots of shooting clubs here. And gun friendly too

BRAD DYSINGER and Dave Berlet like this.
  4. ken woodworth

Do you get lots of snow in NW Ohio?

5. Eriehunter

Eriehunter Active Member

At least 6 around me that have shotgun. Probably a ton more if you add in rifle and pistol. I didn't even give it too much thought. There is a bunch of opportunity within 2 hours.

6. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

During a normal winter no we don’t where I’m at. In fact this last winter we got very little snow.

7. ken woodworth

I’ll have to make a camping trip and check things out.

8. 10-point

10-point Active Member

SW PA- I have probably 7 clubs that I can shoot registered trap targets at within half an hours drive and probably twice that many clubs throwing non registered targets. A few skeet clubs and probably 5 sporting courses within an hour, as well.

1100 Remington Man likes this.
  9. ken woodworth

Where about in SW Pa.

10. 10-point

10-point Active Member

Just south of Pittsburgh. Pretty much anywhere within an hour of the city there is plenty of shooting to be had, but I’m more familiar with South.

11. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

I can walk to 7 in a morning. I am in NE Ohio.

12. ken woodworth

Thanks everyone looks like I need to take a few camping trips, NY is just getting out of control and it’s time to move on.

13. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I have at least a dozen trap clubs within one hour drive from my house in Paulding County Ohio. My county has about 18000 people in it. I'm in Far western Ohio NW right next to Fort Wayne Indiana. Look us up. We voted about 83 per cent for Trump. We are very conservitive.

1100 Remington Man and Smokintom like this.
  14. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

1 sporting clay club, with a crappy trap/combo field 13 miles-next cub has a trap field oriented into the south 20 miles--finally Robinson Ranch 48 miles, trap shooting in Fl is not user friendly

15. ken woodworth

Looks like Ohio is the place to go

Smokintom and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  16. Hammered

Hammered Member

Only got one here, Its quite boring and sometimes its good but most time its bad.

17. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Nine within 1/2 hr. and too many to count within one hour in Eastern PA.