Rotator cuff repair?

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by 635 G, Jan 18, 2023.

1. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

When I fell & broke my hip, I also, damaged an already damage right rotator cuff. General ?, if you have had a rotator cuff repair, how long and how difficult was recovery.

2. Indyfireman

Indyfireman Active Member

Had 1 one each shoulder. Also had hip replacement. The hip replacement was easier recovery than either shoulder. Plan on 6 moths pending how healthy and strong you are now.

3. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Hip replacement is going easier; however my right leg is still weak, going to PT 2x a week, plus doing exercises @ home-this body repair isn't much fun

4. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Like what Indyfireman said. I had two rotator cuffs surgeries on same shoulder. First was too tight and couldn't get the range of motion-80%. Had another 3 months later and got 95% range. Do your PT and will help on recovery.

5. Shooter11

Shooter11 Isaiah 30:18

I've had lots of surgeries for mechanical problems and in my experience shoulder rehab was the toughest and takes the longest. A lot depends on how much damage you have and your age and physical condition. I had arthroscopic rotator cuff surgery 11 years ago at 72. I was able to kayak again and shoot in 4 months. PT is a must and you need to be serious about it. Do the exercises at home also. It took me a year for a full recovery.

I am 83 now and had a total reverse replacement on the same shoulder 10 months ago. I was kayaking and shooting in 2 and a half months this time. The recovery was was much faster and easier this time.

6. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

I'm 80 , trying to avoid surgery, meeting with my surgeon, to discuss PRP,

7. Trapstarr

Trapstarr Hall monitor

Feel better my friend

8. snooky1

snooky1 Active Member

I have damage to both shoulders. Did therapy and dry needling. So far so good

9. Roofuss

Roofuss New Member

Have had 2 separate cuff surgeries in the past 3 years. Tore it the first time, and like a dumbass, didn't give it enough time to properly heal, and tore it again in the same place. Surgeon told don't do it a third time, as there won't be anything left to repair. Needless to say its taken me almost 2 years, and at times still bothers me.

10. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

My surgery didn't take -got a disability payout by the insurance company 6years ago. Started swimming last year and have full range of motion now. Therapy takes a long time and surgery doesn't always work.