PITA Shoot at the Cardinal Center

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Family Guy, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Silly....there are 3 more.

This isn't one of them. There is a whole thread on the other 3 dates. Those dates are about trapshooting. This is like a preliminary for the Cardinal Classic but it is obviously a huge clays bonanza.

It is tough to keep up with a progressive style of management. Contrast this with what is happening or not in Illinois under the direction of the EC and BOD.

Flyersarebest and CcJake86 like this.
  2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Many people do not realize the amount of work that goes into setting up and hosting a shoot ... Prepartions begins weeks in advance and takes a week or so to conclude everything once its over ... Cardinal Center seems to be agressively promoteing the clay target sports and its appears that its working based on the responses and turn outs ... Its on my bucket list for things to do this summer while we are out wandering with the motorhome ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Flyersarebest and CCLUKE87 like this.
  3. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

Silly? So when a person doesn't see a post you know about and ask a question you call him silly?

What does your last sentence have to do with asking what the new dates were? You are always looking for an confrontation in a round about way making sure you leave an innocent way out.

4. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Member Founding Member

Leonidas:
    Maybe this will help

5. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Dave my life certificate says the same thing
    Gary Bryant, Dr.longshot

6. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

Just because sales of guns, handguns in particular, are up doesn't mean more people are coming into the shooting sports. How many are shooting sporting clays, that were already shooting trap or skeet? It's the same people. The women, that are starting to shoot, will never eclipse those that have already left.

Go look at the over all number of shooters. The number is DOWN.

Young people will not replenish the old stock, simple.

7. Family Guy

Duff- - -

You missed a few things earlier in the thread. This from the Cardinal Center:

The shooting sports are very much alive with sporting clays growing in leaps and bounds. We are starting a new three day sporting clays event at the Cardinal Center this year. It will be the weekend before the Cardinal Classic August 14-16. It is called the REDBIRD SPORTING CLASSIC We already have a ton of support and sponsors to get this thing off the ground.

We have a guaranteed cash purse of $13,000 and we are giving away a ZOLI Z-Sport Bilanx during the Saturday night Banquet. This shoot is open to everyone and will cover pretty much the whole grounds.

The first 125 shooters to register for the main event will receive 100 rounds of Fiocchi Ammo. You can register on Winscore at winscoreonline.com

The CC is doing great. They have 3 shoots now and any one of them could be bigger than the shoot in Sparta.

They just added these 3 days before the Cardinal Classic. The CC campgrounds are almost always at capacity. All this and registered shooting in PA and OH is more of an afterthought.

In addition they will be having 3 more shoots not on last year's schedule. Do me a favor- - - When you say shooting sports are down just substitute shoot promoters in your area are inept and lack vision.

The heartland of trapshooting is doing good. Always had. PA and OH shooters are still there.

PITA continues to throw more targets!

You guys have a whored out name for a shoot you coveted. Maybe you shouldn't make excuses.

Flyersarebest likes this.
  8. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

Thanks Mikkeeh.

9. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

I didn't miss anything, look at the total shooters in the country........the numbers are down, get over it.

Just because someone says something on the thread, doesn't make it true.

Look at numbers.

Leonidas likes this.
  10. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

You old folks, are exactly why I'm one of the youngest shooters, at my age. The young people don't care what their great grandpa has to say.

Everything WAS better, things were CHEAPER, we made $1/hr., we were happy to have it. Gas was .05, car was $1000.00, what ever.

Those days are over, get a grip

Ken Brandt and Leonidas like this.
  11. 3 DRAM ONLY!

3 DRAM ONLY! New Member

Leonidas are you a Cubs fan? If so what do you think of the Joe Maddon? #1908

12. 3 DRAM ONLY!

3 DRAM ONLY! New Member

Duff,

Just remember the "old guys" are the ones that were living the dream, making a living doing what they loved! Regardless of who you are or what you've done, when you shoot a Beretta that has won more money then you will make in a year at the Cardinal Classic?#RESPECT

13. CCLUKE87

CCLUKE87 Active Member

Duff, I agree with you that we can sit along side our old timers and hear stories about the past and how great it was. We don't really understand trapshooting when it was in its prime. Trust me, I have sat alongside Dysinger plenty. I feel privileged to listen to the stories that these guys have. I'm here to try my hardest to resurrect what was and can still be. I see myself as an ambassador of the target sports, reaching a new audience and maintaining the old is my goal. We can fight over the decline all we want but I would better use my time in trying to promote the target sports.

Luke

mikkeeh, duffkjs06 and Family Guy like this.
  14. CcJake86

CcJake86 Member

WPT...I'm working on Cardinal Classic stuff NOW!!!!

MODERATOR 1, duffkjs06 and CCLUKE87 like this.
  15. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

Luke,

I totally agree. To listen to the old timers is one thing, but we both know its not sustainable. I love to listen to those guys, but the guys that are old, also can see what I'm saying.

16. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

Browning only. Just to beat any fancy gun guy

17. Family Guy

Duff
    I think you may be bitter because trapshooting is not doing well in your area. You keep mentioning numbers being down there. Throw those 1 hole targets. Maybe you will be less bitter seeing the great scores.

duffkjs06 and Flyersarebest like this.
  18. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

I'm not bitter at all, not blind to facts, either.

19. harryone

harryone Moderator Staff Member

PITA would have a significant market share quickly.

20. martin63

martin63 Member

Luke- -nice of you to respond. A PITA shoot or 2 certainly would fall into the area of reaching a new audience and promoting the target sports.