Perazzi scit comp1 value

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by algebra1, Dec 22, 2023.

1. algebra1

algebra1 Active Member

Stopped by local gun shop today and he had a perazzi comp1 with scit on it . Had 32 in barrels choked I'm and full or full and full. Also had drop out trigger. Receiver was case colored and stock had soft comb. Priced at $1995 . Sound like a good deal or not ? Locking lever still to the right at about 5 o'clock.

2. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

First, OK, I'll ask. What does "scit" mean? I've been around for a while and have owned 3 TM1's and still have an old MX8, but have never heard "scit".
    Second, please PM me the phone number for the store. :D

Dobyns likes this.
  3. Flyersarebest

I googled it. Seems the SC guns were the very early models. From what the article said the IT was for "International". Some were marked SCT-1
    They predate the MX8's and Mirages. I know the Comp 1 guns were first, maybe these were a first attempts at an "International" target gun?

I did find that the SC stands for, Sovraposte Competizione =Competition O/U

4. algebra1

algebra1 Active Member

I thought the "IT" stood for international trap . Thanks for your help. Any idea of the value?

5. TMX199

TMX199 Member

Buy it at that price! I belive they were an early model but still a great handling and reliable gun.

Flyersarebest likes this.
  6. Flyersarebest

Nothing solid. I googled Perazzi SCIT ,and there were some older posts on different sites. If you do that, you might be able to see some prices. I do remember back when I started in the mid 70's people said the early Comp 1's had a "thin wrist" and some people had trouble with it cracking. Never saw it, and you know how stories get told so I can't say it's true.

BUT, for $2,000.00 I sure would take a look at it. If you don't have a stock wrench borrow one and tell the store owner you want to take the stock off and check the inside for any cracks.
    Check the forearm while you are at it. Good luck

7. algebra1

algebra1 Active Member

Thanks for the info.

8. 5141

5141 Member

Here is the Italian take on the SCIT
    Visualize the I as the numeral one, thus

.Sovraposte (o/u) Competizione I/one (grade one) T (trap)

oleolliedawg likes this.
  9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

$2,000 Perazzi O'U's are hard to find. Heck, you can hardly buy a Browning for that little.

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Back in pre-historic times around 1966 or 1968 Giacomo and his buddies all shot that gun on live birds at Pikeville. It sold for around $1,000. Gas was .26/gallon. If that gun is in fine shape it appears to be a great deal.

11. LCH

LCH Mega Poster Forum Leader

$2000 is a good price pending what all needs done. You can probably buy them in the $2500 - $3000 range. Mechanically speaking the forend is the biggest issue (type 3) as they become loose and require glass bedding or some other fix to tighten up. Seen a few where the tangs broke (the two sides of the receiver inside the grip area). I'm sure firing pins are still readily available but not sure on the top levers.