PAYMENTS TO SELLERS, BUYERS BEWARE

Discussion in 'For Sale-Wanted to Buy' started by Flyersarebest, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

This is to warn buyers of the dangers of using some sort of payment other than checks or money orders.
    Unless you have 100% confidence in a seller it is NOT a good idea to send a payment via one of those online payment options. Zelle for instance. Especially if it is a newer member that doesn't have a track record of selling on the site. Even using a check or money order can get you in a jackpot so BE SURE before you send payment.

The number 1 thing a buyer should do is get all the info from a seller and CHECK IT OUT BEFORE SENDING ANY KIND OF PAYMENT. A phone call with a list of questions in front of you is a start. Feel the guy out, ask questions. If the seller is offended by the questions or acts a little sketchy, don't buy the item.

Flyersarebest

Reyper and Michigan Duane like this.
  2. Billy

Billy Mega Poster

3. Howard K

Howard K Active Member

I had a buyer ask me to take a picture holding my phone number in front of the item to prove it was me . I thought was a great idea. This proves you actually have the item.

Flyersarebest likes this.
  4. Ron fisher

Ron fisher Mega Poster

I have also found that these dirt bags won't talk to you over the phone, so call them .

5. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

yes, they do tend to do that, but in defense of those that are deaf and lack fancy hearing devices, sometimes email and this website is all we got.
    note I said, we.