Ohio shooters need your prayers.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by T Jordan, Apr 14, 2024.

1. T Jordan

T Jordan Well-Known Member V I P

Big Papa has a bad heart valve they are going to put another one in him at noon tomorrow.
    Dave Berlet's wife Sandy has a Pancreatic Cancer, keep this wonderful lady in your prayers.

MOE, A26A and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  2. target manager

target manager Active Member

Prayers to both people. I know then both and my wishes and prayer to both. Joe rossman

Just Joe likes this.
  3. Just Joe

Just Joe Administrator Staff Member

You can be sure these wonderful people have our prayers. Thanks for the post.

4. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Prayers on the way

Just Joe likes this.
  5. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Prayers from Sharon and I to both of them and their families. Sandy has been going to trap shoots with Dave and Dirk for decades. Anyone that shoots in Ohio has more than likely met Big PaPa. You’d be hard put to find nicer folks than Sandy and Big PaPa!

6. T Jordan

Dick said the surgery went well.

jamesbalog, alf174, Diesel_ss and 3 others like this.
  7. ken woodworth

ken woodworth Well-Known Member

Prayers to both , get well soon

Just Joe likes this.
  8. Hammered

Hammered Member

Prayers sent.

Just Joe likes this.
  9. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Mine and Ann's too sent

Just Joe likes this.
  10. magnett

magnett Mega Poster

Prayers to both!

Just Joe likes this.
  11. T Jordan

Just an update Dick is home and will need lots of therapy. When he left Florida and got to the hospital in Ohio his heart was working at 15 % . After the new valve they say he is at 50 % and might need another valve fixed but he is exercising and feeling good. I talked to him yesterday he looks good and Judy R. and family are looking after him. He says he is going to start pointing the gun while sitting in a chair. DSC_0203.JPG

alf174 likes this.
  12. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

I have made it home. Feeling much better now that we have one new valve. Got another valve that is not working properly. We are hoping it might improve since the other valve has been replaced. Only time will tell. Thanks for all the caring words and prayers. Please keep Sandy in your thoughts an prayers. Hope to see many of you on the line some place this summer.

alf174, Just Joe, A26A and 1 other person like this.
  13. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Thanks for the update, Dick! I have purely selfish reasons for wanting you to get better. SHARON AND I LOVE SQUIRRELS! Haha! For those of you that don’t know, Dick has a world class squirrel dog. The dog (and Dick’s grandson) are so good that I often get a delivery of cleaned and frozen squirrel at the Cardinal shoots. Sharon has perfected her pressure cooker recipes for those delicious little tree limb dwellers. I look forward to seeing you and Judy soon! I’ll give you a call in the next day or two.
    We all need to pray for Sandy. My first recollection of Sandy was at the beer tent in Vandalia at the Grand. Dave and I were just getting to know each other. I was in a singles shoot off (I know, shocking) and missed on the first box (Not shocking). A VERY tipsy Dave was in the beer tent sitting behind a stack of empty plastic beer cups. Dave tried to cheer me up by calling me in and offering to buy me a beer. I don’t think he could have stood up at that time. Dave said “Come here Don, I want to buy you a beer.” Dave then looked at Sandy and said “Sandy, would you please go get me and Don a beer?” A beautiful, caring lady she is. I hope to see her again very soon so I can give her a big hug!