News of Wisconsin State Shoot

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Ken Cerney, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

Reprint from the
    http://witrapshootingassociation.blogspot.com/

Monday, June 15, 2015

Oh What a Night It is going to be. [/paste:font]
    Wisconsin State Trap Shoot 2015
    Temporary Event Center
    July 17, 2015 Friday Night Fish Fry Fund Raiser
    Well we have all heard the stories that our home grounds is doomed and broke. However there is a group of us who have ran companies and say there are good and bad times.
    We are here to make good times happen! Through the kindness of several friends of the Home Grounds we now have a 45 x80 building on a concrete pad.
    Friday night I will be the chef for a good old fashion perch lunch. Seeing we will all be gathered for a good time and camaraderie we are holding a fund raiser.
    We are having an Oral auction (Guest auctioneer Dave Dressler)
    Items so far. Credit cards accepted for fund raiser!
    Kimber 45 donated by Mark Zauhar
    Easy Pull voice release system donated by Bob Schultz
    Lake Michigan ½ day charter for 4 donated by Paul Becker
    Remington 700 VTR 308 Winchester with bi pod
    by Bill, Ann, Jeff, & Karen Recob
    We will also have a silent auction, 50/50 raffle. Possible more??!!
    Any donations would be appreciated. We also need people to come and spend for this great cause!
    So let us all set aside our differences, and get all the arrows going the same direction and get this building paid for!!!
    The above letter was as of 6/12/15.
    This event taking on a life of its own and shows the nay sayers there are a lot of people who care.
    At our NorthEast zone shoot I spoke to people.
    We had 5 flats of ammo and 5 guns donated by Chops
    Framed matted prints, gift baskets and more.
    Mr Jeff Mainland of Kolar has gifted us a Kolar Trap single.
    Let us make Our Wisconsin State Shoot something to be proud of.
    More to follow.
    Any Questions?? To help, donate, questions please call or email Paul Becker.
    Day’s 800-678-4511 X118 cell 920-323-2836 pbecker@riversidefoods.com

2. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

The best of luck to the Wisconsin shooters and their homegrounds.

3. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Ken,
    Thanks for posting the info. A shooting buddy of mine decided he wanted to go to the Wisconsin State shoot last year but he only gave me a couple days of notice and I couldn't make it. Looks like we should plan ahead this year and make the trip!

4. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

Don, I'm sure you will have a good time. With all that will be going on bring a lot of money. This should be good.

5. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

The last time I was at the Wisconsin State Shoot was by personal Invitation of Vic Reindeers to shoot Doubles.

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

6. Ken Cerney

Well Gary I will invite you to come to the Wisconsin State Shoot. Of course I don't carry the weight that Vic did but the invitation stands. Would like to meet you in person.

7. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Ken: You have the same weight, wish I could make it,but my stump has one place that is not healed yet, very small it is still seeping a clear liquid, so they have not fitted my Prosthetic, It is in just waiting for my stump to heal, I was hoping to have it done by Ohio State Shoot. I would enjoy the trip to Wisconsin.
    There were 2 of us on that squad shooting Pump Guns, Vic w/Rem 31, and me w/my Model 12. He said you shoot that Mod 12 pretty good, I said you shoot that Rem 31 very good.
    As we both broke the same scores.

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

8. Ken Cerney

Gary, I do hope the healing of your stump gets done in time for the Ohio shoot. There is always next year for Wisconsin. I will miss seeing you this year but healing is the most important thing right now.

dr.longshot likes this.
  9. dr.longshot

Ken: How are the eye vitamins going?

GB

10. Ken Cerney

Gary they seem to be working very well. I was at the WTA southwest zone shoot this past weekend and shot well. I ended up Handicap champ got a yard punch and moved up in class singles. Seeing the target is important. Thanks for the posting on the vitamins.

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Moderator

Congratulations Ken, well done!

HAP

Ken Cerney likes this.
  12. Ken Cerney

Thanks Hap

13. dr.longshot

Ken: Keep using them they work, I have been on them approx. 5+ years now

Nice shooting Ken, keep it up
    Gary Bryant

Ken Cerney likes this.
  14. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Congrats Ken

What I don't understand is how you could shoot that well and still be a contributor on this site.

I thought we were all just a bunch of "has beens".

Have a great season. Break em all!

Flyersarebest

dr.longshot and Ken Cerney like this.
  15. Ken Cerney

First we need to get somewhere to be a" has been" This must have been my time. Like they say "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while."
    Gary I will keep taking them, they work.

dr.longshot likes this.