Mississippi Boycott Impacts Indiana State Shoot (not again)

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Family Guy, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

The Sippians are continuing to boycott shoots in all parts of the country that are not offering easy yardage and do not give rewards for mediocre scores. This is despite the fact that the many other states with very few shooters banded together to force a rule that gave easy yardage to shooters, especially in tiny shoots. (cant get enough shooters for yardage)

This is most unfortunate as Indiana has one of the most fair State Shoots in the country. jmho. They actually draw for banks.

Hoping for Indiana to overcome this today and tomorrow. Shoot well Indiana!

link to previous Indiana State Shoot pictures....
    www.americantrapshooter.com/index.php?threads/indiana-state-shoot-pictures.1280/

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    oleolliedawg likes this.
  2. Shotshell99

Shotshell99 Local Idiot

I'm new around here so I admittedly don't have the backstory, but why would anybody give a flying flip what these Jackhole Sippians are, or are not doing? Seems to me if they can't read, comprehend, or abide by the rules then we should appreciate them not escaping their state.?. Agreed on 'Shoot Well Indiana'!

PaulLori27 and SCTP Parent KY like this.
  3. fortycaliberglock

fortycaliberglock Active Member

I’m still not comprehending these controversies. I second the above, why would anyone care if some guys from Miss don’t attend the Indiana state shoot, let alone the reasons behind it? I would assume we didn’t get many Mississippians at the VA shoot either, because it’s held in Virginia.

Just Joe likes this.
  4. transco

transco Member

Hmmmm I think the repeated point is we changed the rules for everyone since MS said they cant get enough shooters to get yardage for an 89 win. Changing the rules was supposed to get more MS shooters. Where are the MS shooters?

Do the MS easy yardage rules help registered shooting?

5. harryone

harryone Moderator Staff Member

Why would you get Miss shooters in VA unless someone that should be at the 20 can win from the 27? Some states are about the competition. Some about the yardage.

6. Shotshell99

Shotshell99 Local Idiot

So after a few more barley-pops and further consideration of the header of the original post I am still unsure - Is there really a (negative) impact of the Sippians staying home rather than joining the Indiana, or any other State Shoot? Curious about the impact because the Sippians have only had two attendees at the Ohio State Shoot (1 in 2017 and 1 in 2011) in the last 7 years. Historically, have they populated other state shoots where an actual 'impact' would even be noticed? Seems like a post declaring impact may be what this Sippian Group is after, when it really means nothing at all since the impact is non-existent. I contend, let them stay home and vie for their own State Sippi-Cup without mention.

harryone likes this.
  7. harryone

harryone Moderator Staff Member

But, the easy yardage rules have impacted OH and PA shoots. OH and PA shooters don't want to get yardage for a 89. So they stay home and only shoot the big shoot. Hurts the small to med clubs.

No impact if the Sippy's stay home. jmho

oleolliedawg and Shotshell99 like this.
  8. Shotshell99

Shotshell99 Local Idiot

OK, this is making more sense now. The underlying factor is the rules impacting the attendance rather than the attendance or lack thereof of certain states impacting the Shoot. As mentioned in my first post to the thread, I lack knowledge of the backstory and appreciate the angle.

wpt, Just Joe and harryone like this.
  9. 320090T

320090T Mega Poster Founding Member

There was one Sippian at the IN shoot, he moved in and is now an IN shooter, but he still talks funny.

wpt, dr.longshot and oleolliedawg like this.