July 4th

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by Sgoose, Jul 3, 2023.

1. Sgoose

Sgoose Mega Poster Founding Member

Was sitting on a bench waiting for a bus tour at the Carlsbad Caverns when I struck up a conversation with a gentleman about the weather you could definitely tell he was not from the state and had a very foreign accent I asked him where he was from and he said he was from Jordan we got to talking and the conversation turned to July 4th which was the next day his first statement was July 4th is not just another barbecue it's a day to remember the people that gave up a lot to make this country great and that he was proud to be one of it's new citizens. I thought I'd pass this along because the gentleman is absolutely right the 4th of July is not just another barbecue or a day off from work .It's a day to think about how all the people that gave up their all for this country just remember that this is what started it off

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of "

This is the start of one the most important document that our country has. Hope all people will put there differences at side and join the celebration. Happy 4th of July this country birthday 247 years young.
    One of this County veterans and was proud to serve.
    Thanks
    Sgoose