IL Gov Vetoes Funds for WSRC Sparta

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Family Guy, Jul 2, 2015.

1. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

You haven't said a thing worthwhile in your pathetic 15 posts, and I doubt you'll start, so to the Dimwit Dumpster with you.

Bye.

dr.longshot likes this.
  2. Doug Kennedy

Doug Kennedy Well-Known Member Founding Member

Their is heaven after all.

dr.longshot likes this.
  3. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I'm not much of a public speaker, but I can tell you one thing I would not of done and thats send Lynn (The Talking Head) Gipson to give any kind of conditions report or update, maybe get on his knees and BEG ... He could of told them the the attendance has beome stagnant since they relocated to the Sparta area but (we) the ATA has built a very nice cushion in their bank account ($12,000,000) while the tax payers continue to go in the hole (RED) over $22,000,000 , in 10 years since the opening and operation of the WSRC in Sparta ... We figure this is the States fault for not having "Welcome Shooters" signs all over the dang place for the shooters to see that they are welcome ... We in the industry see all of this changing in the future and that the facility will be used to its full potential in the very near future or 50 years which ever comes first ... We had the State of Illinois put many (50) additional traps in so we would have no need to expand and cost the state additional monies in the future, so you cannot say we were not planning ahead ... We, the ATA did our part, its them dang peoples in youse state that ain't co operatin ... Now, out my way, I'm goin on break .... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

I presume you complain about the taxpayers building baseball and football stadiums in Arizona where you pay taxes, right? After all they are overpriced players, multimillionaire owners and the taxpayer gets stuck on the hook for the stadium.

5. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Utterly irrelevant to to the Illinois news story or Illinois' ability to spend cash on losing ventures.

dr.longshot and wpt like this.
  6. wpt

I am figuring Leonidas has never been to a baseball, football or Hockey game , there is a bigger crowd in line waiting to use the rest room than they can get at the WSRC and the entire population of Sparta itself ... Seats cost between $10.00 and $250.00 (thousands for big games) dollars if you can even get them at certain games, Private suites start at $10,000 ( $25,000 for big games) but if you want to see the game there is additional cost ... Those big stadiums are for all of the out of towners who come to watch the games, and flood the area eating establishments by spending Millions of dollars, yes really real money and lots of it ... People were renting out homes for $5,000 plus dollars for the week of the Super Bowl, for that you can almost buy a house in Sparta but who would want to ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot and oleolliedawg like this.
  7. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Sports: Despite uncertainty Grand goes off without a hitch

http://thesouthern.com/sports/outdo...cle_122925ce-2355-50ce-a56b-f3b8f49e5051.html

From the big WSRC homer, Les Winkeler. He doesn't fact-check a darn thing Gipson says. He just prints unverified ATA statements that are more of a press release nature.

"The people from the governor’s office said this facility is a priority of the governor’s and he wants to see the cloud removed and get the executive director hired."

dr.longshot and wpt like this.
  8. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

9. wpt

So, it must be back to the drawing board for all involved after the number of such a dismal showing for the grand (the biggest little shoot in the world) and obviously no resolution has been reached, after months of working on it ... They probably got shocked by the real numbers after hearing all of the exagerated numbers being tossed around ... They can't keep it secret forever, sooner or later it will have to be made public ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

smoking357 and dr.longshot like this.
  10. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

be nice now, you do not know his abilities or qualifications

smoking357 likes this.
  11. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

dr.longshot likes this.
  12. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Seitz9010 and dr.longshot like this.
  13. wpt

Would love to know, where the ATA comes up with the figure of between 10/12 million dollars when the facility generates less than 1 million ... They keep exagerateing the numbers which turn out to be outright lies (Stretching of the truth) and then expect the State to deal with them honorably ..? There is something terribly wrong with this picture ... That figures out to each of the 2007 shooters in one event spending $4,982.56 each for food, lodgeing etc ($498.25 per day X 10 days) once they get there ... Now, run that by the State again, but say it so they will believe it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  14. oldphart

oldphart Mega Poster Founding Member

WPT,
    I didn't think especially from your past threads that you had any love for the ATA, but suprise, suprise I was wrong ( this does not happen often). You previously stated that the ATA stated the the Grand produced the exagerated numbers of 10/12 million dollars yet you proceed to only use the lower amount ( 10 million) when you come up with your figures of $ 498.25 for each shooter (2007) for the 10 day duration of the Grand. That is not like you to give the ATA this kind of a break, did Gipson call and apologize and get in your good graces. Your fans would like to know.

wpt likes this.
  15. wpt

I love the ATA, don't have much use for _____________or_______or__________ but other than that all is peachy and keen ... Now, wheres then dang Rose Colored Glasse's again ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...