Good Old Illinois, More like ILLnews

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by Flyersarebest, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

If the demorats get there way, it looks like all those Trap shooters in that anti 2nd state (probably aren't that many anyway) will have more time to shoot clay targets since this is what the demorats are proposing.

"House Bill 5855 from state Rep. Bob Morgan, D-Deerfield, would redefine dozens of different types of rifles, pistols and shotguns as “assault weapons.” If approved, anyone who owns them would have 300 days to register them with state police. All future sales would be prohibited.The measure also would prohibit possession of magazines with over 10 rounds."

I haven't seen the list yet. I wonder if any of the Semi TRAP guns are on their hit sheet.

Sorryazz state.

Remember 2006? Hey gang, lets move to Illinois.

Sorryazz organization.

2. anthony morton

anthony morton Mega Poster

Thank you.

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  3. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

sounds more like ak/style shotguns are being targeted.

4. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Illinois SUCKS. Here in the former ATA home state of Ohio we carry when we want, how we want, and what we want. So since I never plan on going to Illinois again "I don't Care" The ATA and anyone living in Illinois only have themselves to blame. Saying I told you so just doesn't matter any more to me. Unless we're talking about Winston.

5. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

For now

They would have to explain to me what makes a semi auto shotgun with a pistol grip and a magazine that holds 5-6 shells, so terrible.

If I took an F Grade 1100, put a custom thumbhole stock on it, installed a 20" barrel and took out the plug, it would have the same capabilities as that "AK/style" shotgun they want to ban.

Cooperdisciple and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  6. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Mega Poster V I P

Flyersarebest,
    Don't give the Illinois politicians any ideas.

Flyersarebest likes this.
  7. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

It is done.

8. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

At least they are not as dumb as NJ, in NJ is a criminal offense to have hollow point ammo, in their infinite wisdom hollow point Ammon are deemed" cop killer" bullets, so in a dense urban environment is better to use FMJ ammo vs JHP ammo--their gun knowledge is overwhelming and don't get me on the bayonet lug thing.