Gentleman please look

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by smoke-um, Sep 2, 2023.

1. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member Founding Member

I been doing this along time buying guns on the internet ive bought guns from every major web site and forum never been screwed until now ... my grandson wanted to go dove hunting this year i wanted him to have a goog gun so i found a Browning Lighting superposed 30" i thought was perfect for him i found one at Cabelas in Wisconsin called the gun librarly head gun went and got the gun and said it did not have a mark on it they would send it to a fort worth store i could pick it up there we made a deal i paid for it they shipped it had to drive a 100 miles one way to pick it up look at it has a 3" crack in forend and rib is bent called them in Wisconsin from the store they said you bought it its yours i said you did not represent the gun correctly basically told me to eat shit and die !!!!!!!!!!!! I thought a large company like Cabelas was better than that ??? i dont know if it was s hipping or what but they should have done better than that i never seen the box it was shipped in or nothing . Just spreading the word i trusted a large company who i thought was a reputable company !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. grizquad

grizquad Well-Known Member Founding Member

Hopefully you paid with a credit card so you can contest the charge. Did you actually take possession of the gun in Tx and fill out the 4473? If you left the gun at the store and did not take possession then I would think the gun still belonged to Cabellas. I would think you could go higher up the food chain with management to get this resolved after filing a complaint with your credit card company. Good luck!

3. Dakota2

Dakota2 Active Member

Cabelas died when bass pro shop bought them out.

Dobyns and Indyfireman like this.
  4. smoke-um

i tried to leave it but FW said its paid for its yours ??? yes i took it i felt i had no option they refused to give me my money back both stores i guess after a 100 guns bought i let my guard down i paid 1450 plus tax not going to change my lifestyle but sill allot of money to me it can be fixed but in todays world wont be cheap straighten barrel rib and reblue and glue fore end oh they offered me a 100 dollar gift card i told them to stick it up there ass !!!!!!!!!

5. 10-point

10-point Active Member

Sorry about that, I didn’t think you had to pay for a gun until you picked it up at the store. I think it’s actually illegal for them to take money for a gun before the background check is done (unless they are sending it to another FFL, of course). I’m thinking they could have given you a gift card for the amount you paid for the gun and they kept it? Personally I would have refused to do the background check if I wasn’t happy with the condition, but I know that’s a tough situation. I would have at least taken the gift card, and gotten some free shells/stuff to make up for the trouble of getting the gun fixed.

grizquad likes this.
  6. smoke-um

I hear ya i did not handle it correctly im a old 40 year Dairy Farmer who still thrusts people have not adjusted to the new world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way i dont like the new world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dobyns and Hey Hey Hay like this.