Beretta 390 barrel (damaged), SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale-Wanted to Buy' started by Reyper, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Reyper

Reyper Mega Poster

So, I'm shooting sporting clays and this happens. Thru-rib porting by Seminole Gunworks and a piece of my rib breaks. Clean break, I shot the rest of the course with the barrel with no problems but I was a little ticked off and the few stations left definitely showed it by the 0s. Anyhow, was going to just have a Delrin cap style rib made to go on top but Wally came through for me again and found me a replacement barrel with the help of another gentleman. So, I'm just going to sell it so someone else can do what they'd like with their preferred add on rib, re-rib or leave and shoot it as is. Looking down the rib you don't see the break. Anyhow, it is a 28" step rib Seminole Gun Works: backbore to .735, long cone, porting (yeah!) and their proprietary SG2 choke system. 4 Briley made replacement chokes made for the SG2 choke system which alone cost close to $400. Sell the barrel (as-is) with the accompanying chokes for $195 plus the shipping to you. Any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks and good shooting, Rey
    IMG_2965.jpg IMG_2966.jpg IMG_2967.jpg

2. 4andy10

4andy10 Active Member

Never seen thru the rib porting before, my Seminole barrel has the 1/2moon port along side…wondering why theyd wanna vent gases up in line of vision…seems strange..sure hate this happened…I’ve used the skeet choke from ya a time or two..that barrel sure doodle dusts them clays..keith

3. Brad Davis

Brad Davis Well-Known Member

Seminole called it moon porting and the idea was to drive the muzzle down on the shot instead of up. I have a 30" the same way except the rib is one piece and still attached. lol

Reyper likes this.
  4. Reyper

Reyper Mega Poster