WSRC World Shooting and Recreation Center for Sale? Tragedy American Trapshooting Association (ATA)

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by merlo, Feb 14, 2023.

1. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

My pals in the trenches have given me the above story. The WSRC is up for sale.

Is this the beginning of a new beginning?

Your thoughts…

I report. You decide.
    merlo out.

2. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Merlo, If this is true then the HOF is up for sale too. I remeber a thread on here from a couple years ago that a lawyer said that the state owned the building and the contents…in his reading of the deal. Maybe Bradford can get on here and re-assure us that ain’t so.

Who'd of ever have seen this happening??? Except all the readers on here.

3. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

Maybe the HOF building will end up as horse barn.When they built it some posters on this site claimed it looks like a horse barn.
    Only time will tell.I bet the anti gun Governor Prikzer would be happy to unloaded the property even at a substantial loss.
    I don’t think the ATA is dumb enough to purchase this property in the middle of nowhere. With the prices of targets and shotgun shells and inflation it is going to be a lean year for all gun clubs including WSRC.

4. Cali shooter

Cali shooter Member

Old news. This was published 2 months ago. It was also on the ATA website front and center.

5. PaulLori27

PaulLori27 Active Member

The ATA website implied it may at some time have a private owner running the place. It never said the the entire grounds were for sale.

There is another thread here on this also. What needs to be cleared up is whether and how the land will be divided up. That could end the WSRC.

Also…..who owns the contents of the museum? That was questioned on this site.

Will the WSRC be sold before the contract ends? That would end the WSRC.

6. Cali shooter

Cali shooter Member

Anybody close? Maybe someone should stop by and ask?

7. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I would think that the State of Illinois would have some laws on the books about how to sell state property. I can't think it could be done without open bids. I can't see any business keeping it as a shooting venue in anti gun Illinois.

8. Rn3

Rn3 Well-Known Member

Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) officials notified Amateur Trapshooting Association (ATA)
    officials that legislation could be introduced in the upcoming session that would give the IDNR the
    authority to offer many state properties for bid, possibly to include the World Shooting and Recreational
    Complex (WSRC), Sparta Illinois.
    If IDNR decides to offer the WSRC for bid the process of creating a bid package will take many months if
    not years.
    The current period of the lease agreement between the ATA and IDNR for the use of the facility will
    continue through 2026 and will be honored and very possibly extended no matter who owns the property.
    If more information becomes available, it will be relayed by

shortbarrel and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  9. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

legislation could be introduced

possibly to include the World Shooting and Recreational
    Complex (WSRC), Sparta Illinois

If IDNR decides to offer the WSRC for bid the process of creating a bid package will take many months if
    not years.

through 2026 and will be honored and very possibly extended no matter who owns the property.

Whole lot of woulda, coulda, shoulda, going on in this official statement.