Would you squad with Alec Baldwin?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by butterly, Oct 24, 2021.

1. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

Should he be banned from the sport?

Hasbeen, BRAD DYSINGER and Just Joe like this.
  2. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Only you would come up with this one Butterly. Wish I would have thought of it. LOL

BRAD DYSINGER, Just Joe and 16gun like this.
  3. Sgoose

Sgoose Mega Poster Founding Member

Only if he was on the 16 yard line and I was on the 27th.
    Sgoose

Hasbeen, BRAD DYSINGER and Just Joe like this.
  4. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

Only after he gave a written letter of apology to everyone involved in this incident including the Academy.

Just Joe likes this.
  5. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Alec Baldwin or Neil Winston?

Graph that!

6. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Better a Butt head than a Butt F***er.

Hasbeen and Seitz1113 like this.
  7. Kiehl

Kiehl Well-Known Member

I would squad with him. Someone needs to ask the question….”explain again why you didn’t check to see if the gun was loaded?”

I hope Trump gets to play him on Saturday Night Live.

8. Flyersarebest

10 seconds after I heard this my question was,

WHY was he pointing the firearm at HER? I could be wrong but I didn’t read anywhere that these two people were IN costume and IN the scene. WHY point the firearm at her at all? Goofing around Alec?
    He is also one of the producers for this movie. Was he showing her how he thought a scene should be filmed? The producer usually doesn’t have anything to say about the actual way a scene is filmed. But with this arrogant POS It wouldn’t surprise me.

No one has thought to ask, or at least report, why he did it. Even money they never will. Now it’s all about the assistant director screwing up and giving Baldwin a pass.

If that was one of us you would be hearing your lawyer tell you the charges are involuntary manslaughter.
    Never happen to this Hollywood favorite.

It’s tragic that he has now brought so much grief to two families.

Too bad he wasn’t rehearsing a suicide scene with that gun.

Hasbeen likes this.
  9. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I would never trust him with ANY firearm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GB..................DLS

10. Ken Jossenberger

Ken Jossenberger Member Founding Member

Let's see. He's making a movie and practicing for a scene where he does a cross draw. He's facing the camera for the scene. He is given the gun by a crew member that yells out "cold gun", i.e. unloaded. The crew (weapons handlers) didn't do their job and why was there live ammo on the set? I'd rather shot with Alex than someone with a release trigger.

11. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

Baldwin can squad with Dick Cheney.

creaker likes this.
  12. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Well-Known Member Founding Member

Ken Jossenberger:
    You don't get out of the house much, do ya?

Ron Burdick

13. ljutic329

ljutic329 Mega Poster Founding Member

Thanks Ron,

Anyone that would even talk to that POS is bound to be a snowflake moron.

Baldwin needs to be in Mexico with that tribe

14. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

Ken, Ken, Ken?

Some one hands you a gun and says “cold gun” or “it isn’t loaded”, and you wouldn’t check? Do folks squad with you?

Hasbeen and Roger Coveleskie like this.
  15. tarpmaker

tarpmaker Well-Known Member

Prop guns do not kill people. They don’t even accept real ammo. Real guns accept real ammo. Neither guns points themselves or pull triggers.

Baldwin is probably as capable as a lot of over handicapped delegates. Lol.

Hasbeen and Roger Coveleskie like this.
  16. Jom

Jom Active Member

He has killed more people on the set than have ben killed in all the gun clubs this year.

17. Flyersarebest

You take your car to the shop for some brake work. When it is done the service manager tells you that everything is perfect and you are good to go.
    You drive down the road, the brakes fail, and you hit and kill someone.

YOU are on the hook for manslaughter or vehicular homicide. NOT the service manager. You might sue the dealer after, but YOU were the one driving.

18. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

someone in props is going to jail, not alex. live ammo on a set or prop van?
    i knew gun prop men who were ex-SEALS. props were SERIOUS STUFF.
    someone screwed up big time.

Hasbeen likes this.
  19. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

the gun was a single action, no reason to practice cross draw with the gun cocked, unless you're going for the whole deal--should have checked the cylinder

Flyersarebest likes this.
  20. Flyersarebest

It’s Alec not Alex and it doesn’t matter if they were “seals” you knew or not. The last name of the person that supposedly screwed up is Reed. As in Thell Reed’s daughter. Google that name, Thell Reed.

Now the Aholes in Hollywood will put all the blame on her but that POS Alec Baldwin is the one that pulled the trigger.

21. bobski

this set up is one of the oldest who done plots in hollywood history. go any direction you want. time will tell why those live rounds were on set. and whoever put them there will have to answer.

btw, youre a mod. cant you post w/o using vulgarity? i may not spell names the way you want, but you dont even follow your own rules.
    prop guns and explosives is a professional hollywood business. rules are written and must be followed. someone dropped the ball.

he's an actor. hes doesnt have to check the weapon. his crew is suppose to do it for him. actors have been pointing guns at each other for decades.

22. Flyersarebest

Your incorrect spelling has nothing to do with “ how I want to spell it”

And Alec Baldwin, the same guy that they had audio tape of a phone call calling his daughter a PIG a few years ago
    is a liberal Ahole and a POS

It sounds like you think he has no fault in this

23. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

John Wayne never shot someone. Could be he checked to see if the gun was loaded. I would check. Don’t you?

This anti gun queer shoots someone and it is the other guy’s fault?

24. Flyersarebest

The problem that started this whole mess was that this was the first time that Reed's 24 year old daughter was the head "armorer" for a movie. It was not the first time she has been in hot water over some sort of screw up involving a firearm on a set. Google is your friend.

The bottom line is that baldwin pulled the trigger and as of this morning the cops said they did not rule out some sort of charges against him.

Hasbeen likes this.
  25. bobski

you are drawing conclusions and displaying bias on a situation that we were not involved in, or have all the facts. my post is based on a fact that i know that props are a big business where certified people handle such devices. an actor is supported by these people just like a cast or troop. as much as you may not like the actor, you cant pin a bad situation on him unless you know the whole story. as much as you dont want to, i say leave it to the officials.
    and...fyi, only G-d knows how many mistakes were made in early westerns and never mentioned. it was a period in time where they killed horses and animals on set routinely. im sure safety on set wasnt even invented yet.

26. Flyersarebest

FACT: "COLD GUN" was called out on the set. An assistant director handed the gun to baldwin. He didn't check it. baldwin didn't check it. baldwin SHOULD have checked, it's not the first movie he has handled a firearm.

The next time someone hands you a firearm at the club or a gun show and tells you it is empty. Don't bother checking, just pull the trigger.
    That way, if it goes off, you can blame the person that handed it to you and told you it was empty.

Hasbeen and robb like this.
  27. Family Guy

Some on this thread would have you believe you should ask someone else if your gun is loaded.

Ken Cerney and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  28. bobski

some actors are stupid and dont know about guns. they are paid to act like they do, on screen. they pay others to think gun protocol for them so they can remember lines. a lot of my ex-seal buddies feed thier families doing it. the regent film studio is based in my hometown here in va. the indoor outdoor live fire film stages are located here as well. its a very precise science where some hold explosive ord. licences with prior military small arms training and ratings. having live rounds on set is a basic no-no. daily meetings, script readings with producers/camera crew/cast/and demo crew is on going. someone dropped the ball.
    modern film isnt like pioneer days where actors fired live rounds in the air on live drama stage when meaning to actually point at an actor. it use to be common in the 1800's and audiences accepted it. but todays audience demands reality and looks for film flaws. thus...actors really do point guns at each other, relying on professional demo crews to ensure safety.

29. bobski

some on this thread dont know how make films.
    ....some do.

30. Family Guy

Does that make them less responsible? Do they get a pass for other types of homicide?

31. Family Guy

If you know how to make films shooting someone is ok? Or if we knew more about the film business, us uneducated folk would accept occasional manslaughter?

32. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

Too bad Elmer Keith passed away. I bet Alec would of got a mouth full from him and much more. That Montana cowboy was something else.

robb likes this.
  33. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

When this first happened they said the weapon was used for target practice by people on the set. It was not a prop gun. They knew there was live ammo
    on the set, some one screw up big time. That gun should not have been around. Roger C.

34. Flyersarebest

Hannah Gutierrez Reed
    24 year old daughter of famed armorer Thell Reed

There are numerous sources where you can read all about this tragedy

35. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

You would not believe how many gun owning hunters mishandle their guns in the field. People are careless and stupid about many things and mix that with guns somebody or something is going to get shot. I've ran my hunting preserve for 26 years. People don't pay attention all the time. Some of the worst offenders we have hunting with us are 60 year old men who tell you they have been hunting all their lives. Know-it-alls are dangerous to be around at anytime but add a gun and you get what happened.

On another note Cops shoot each other many times each year. Just last week it was reported that one Chicago Cop shoot two other cops with the same bullet just like Baldwin did. A 9mm two hit none killed a 45 long colt two hit one dead.

36. Got Beagles

Got Beagles Active Member

You shoot one person with an unloaded gun and no one wants to
    be your friend.

37. Flyersarebest

11/3/21
    The lawyer for the assistant director, the one that handed Baldwin the revolver, is floating a story that maybe one of the “disgruntled” employees purposely put a live round in the box of blanks. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit since from the sounds of it the whole production was one big “ make the movie as cheaply as possible” cluster.

They even told some of the production crew that they were going to stop paying for rooms close to the set and these people had to drive 50 miles one way to stay at a less expensive hotel or at their own homes.

I’ve had boxes of blank rounds for everything from .38 spec to military 30-06 and NONE of them looked like a live round. I know lawyers have to throw enough crap against a wall in defending their clients but this is a stretch saying someone did it on purpose.

Enough negligence to go around.

38. Maser

Maser ∞ Based ∞

As long as he does his SNL Trump impression every so often, I'd have zero problems shooting with him. There's a lot of weird behind the scene shenanigans that went down with Baldwin's ND and I honestly don't blame him if what I know/theorize is true.

39. mudpack

mudpack Mega Poster Founding Member

The gun that killed the woman was loaded....it was supposed to be loaded with blanks.
    Baldwin did not load the gun; his job was to fire a supposedly-safe gun on a film set.
    Alec Baldwin is not at fault here.
    I'd have no problem shooting on a squad with him.

40. Flyersarebest

I wouldn’t have shot with him before he killed one and wounded another

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  41. mudpack

I don't think he intended to shoot anyone.

42. Union Strong

Union Strong Well-Known Member

Isn’t that the difference between murder and manslaughter?

43. Greeny311

Greeny311 Member

Never !

44. Maser

Maser ∞ Based ∞

Not according to the outcome of the Chauvin trial.

45. mudpack

Yes. But Baldwin's action don't even fall under the manslaughter definition.
    It was not his negligence that caused the death.

46. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

I would not squad with him before he killed the lady. He is a reprehensible person and not someone I would associate with. Roger C.

Ken Cerney likes this.
  47. mudpack

Fair enough. Glad your position is not based on an accident.

48. Flyersarebest

I must have missed the conclusion of the investigation. When did you read or hear that?

And since it sound like you are lawyer and well versed in the law please answers two questions for me.

As I posted earlier, if the dealer tells you your car is fine as he hands you the cold gun, I mean keys, and then as you pull out of the lot the brakes fail and you kill someone are you completely free of any guilt

Number 2, you are at a gun show and the dealer hands you a revolver to inspect. You DON’T LOOK to make sure it is empty and when you pull the trigger it kills the guy next to you. No problem as far as the law is concerned?

God forbid the gun show incident ever happens to me but if if does I’ll just tell them I acted in my high school play once so I’m an actor and it’s not my fault

49. mudpack

Those two scenarios are not analogous to the "RUST" incident.
    Baldwin is an actor. He was handed a gun by a professional armorer. The gun was loaded by a professional armorer, and everyone assumed it was loaded with only blanks.. Baldwin had every reason to believe the gun was safe to fire even when pointed at people. His job was to act out the script, which involved firing blanks from the gun. The responsibility to ensure the gun was safe (loaded with only blanks) did not lie with the actor, it lay with the person who handed him the gun, which implied it was safe to use in the manner the script/director called for. Tell me where Baldwin's culpability is found.

Bottom line, and the answer to the question posed in this thread, is that this accident does not prove that Balwin is a danger to fellow shooters on a trap range.

50. Flyersarebest

The whole "would you squad with him" thing was IMO pretty much an attempt at "humor".

And I think both of my examples are very relevant

Especially this one

Number 2, you are at a gun show and the dealer hands you a revolver to inspect. You DON’T LOOK to make sure it is empty and when you pull the trigger it kills the guy next to you. No problem as far as the law is concerned?

I walk into a show and I EXPECT every gun to be unloaded and safe. We used to do 8 shows a year back about 10 years ago. We were set up at 2 when an "unloaded" piece went off. Luckily no one was hit but if someone would have been hit and or killed I don't think the guy that pulled the trigger would have been let off with, "It was supposed to be unloaded"

It sounds like you are saying an "actor" is different?

BTW, he was handed the revolver by the assistant director. I don't think that person had a "professional armorers" license.

51. Flyersarebest

NO SUCH THING AS AN ACCIDENT. There is ALWAYS a reason anything happens.

52. mudpack

Webster seems to disagree with you.
    While there are reasons accidents happen, they still happen. I.e. they exist.

53. Flyersarebest

Nope. You can say it was an accident because it WASN'T SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN. But every incident has a reason.

BRAD DYSINGER and Ken Cerney like this.
  54. Hasbeen

Hasbeen Well-Known Member

The long and short of it is he pointed the gun at the armourer and pulled the trigger which lends the question, why? Why did he point the gun at her and pull the trigger, regardless of the fact the man is a known douchebag.

55. Flyersarebest

He didn't point it at the armorer

He pointed the revolver in the direction of the camera that was next to the director. Which is what the director wanted, and it went off when he pulled the trigger. Killing Halyna Hutchins, the director of photography
    ( cinematographer) and wounding the director, Joel Souza.

56. Flyersarebest

The lawsuits should start any day now. Baldwin was one of the producers so he will be on the list. Along with everyone that had anything to do with the production of the movie

57. Trapcountry

Trapcountry Active Member

Come SHTF, I wouldn't if Alec was on my team.
    The man's got great aim.

58. 99PLUS

99PLUS Well-Known Member Founding Member

Not if his gun fires without him pulling the trigger. Can't believe it took him a month to come up with that lame excuse

59. ljutic329

ljutic329 Mega Poster Founding Member

POS snowflake

Roger Coveleskie likes this.