Winchester Rep Groups Fired!

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Family Guy, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

It looks like Winchester Rep Groups have been sent packing! They will be replaced by factory representatives. Who saw that coming?

Word out is next year they will do a better job getting ammo to the top club in the land.

2. multifired

multifired Active Member

What are Rep grous? Like Winchester employees being replaced by independent agents.?

3. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Rep groups are independent salesman that are hired by a company to rep and sell their products, in Winchesters case ammo, at shows and with jobbers. A Winchester rep group would not just rep Winchester Ammo but also might sell fishing tackle, cloths, another companies guns, knives or even flash lights and scopes. They rep any companies products and just not one companies and are therefor not just beholden to Winchester.

A factory rep is paid by the company and just sells Winchester Ammo or whatever else the company bosses want him to do, what very well could have happened is that some rep group somewhere was telling one of their jobbers that if you buy this many XYZ of our other products from me I'll be sure and get you ammo and primers. No company loyalty to any one company but the group.

Or it could be that Gipson said make sure and not give any shells to the CC and I'll be sure to buy everything from your group. A group gets a percentage from what ever is sold in their area and Illinois and Ohio could have different rep groups representing Winchester and that may be why NO SHELLS FOR YOU Cardinal Center, on the other hand they could just be shitty reps.

What Winchester is going to do is to hire about 20 or so salesman to be factory Winchester Reps and not sell anything else. I got a hunch that corporate was not happy at all with the Cardinal F UP for the Classic, the home of the SCTP which is the flag ship shoot for the industry in the world. It don't look good to not have a rep or your product represented.

This would be a good time to put the new Winchester boys in that tent at the west end and give their current building to the OSTA HOF. Are you listening Luke and Jake? And on another note don't worry about some snot nose kid that likes to bitch about pot holes. He should be trying to figure out how to beat Joe C. Remember hit targets, miss pot holes. When we old farts were young our coaches would make us right that on the board a 100 times to make it sink in.

Hit Targets, Miss Pot Holes. Hit Targets, Miss Pot Holes. Hit Targets, Miss Pot Holes.

4. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Brad,
    Please apply to Winchester as a part time rep. You could rep at all the C.C. events in the summer and still have winters off to help Ann run Thornbottom. Winchester gets a great bullsh!tter….I mean salesman at 1/2 price. C.C. gets Winchester shells for all their shoots. Ann gets you out of the house for 5 or 6 months. Scott and I get unlimited access to 28 ga and .410 shells loaded with #4 shot (you know how it is to find those darn things). Everyone wins!

dr.longshot, Dakota Jake and wpt like this.
  5. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Don where did you get the idea I'd do anything for half price? You know I do more work by accident than 99% of people do on purpose.

6. Don Cogan

Haha! Now Brad, you know I wasn’t trying to insult your work ethic. I figured you would only work 5 months each year for Winchester. Just the months that the C.C. is shooting. So 1/2 price compared to other employees that Winchester would have to pay year round. You could even double dip by being the Tournament Director for the C.C. Maybe then we could have great Winchester shells AND some doubles targets that actually stay in the air? What do you say?

wpt and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  7. BRAD DYSINGER

T Bar and a 50 yard stake, pitch the radar gun and THROW a black rim target and you would fix the shitty targets. The same old farts that say all orange are the way to go also say radar guns. Shorter the doubles the worse off for new shooters.

8. Don Cogan

I’ve got a laser measuring device, access to lots of scrap pieces of 2x4 and a sledgehammer. I hereby volunteer to help you reclaim our home grounds! Does this mean you are in for the whole Winchester rep / Tournament Director thingy?

9. BRAD DYSINGER

Only if it's non ATA, I will not help Gipson steal anything else.

10. Don Cogan

Pacific International Trapshooting Association?

wpt likes this.
  11. Don Cogan

Now that Brad is back as T.D. at the Cardinal any chance we can get a pigeon ring built? I’ve got two new knees and I don’t plan on wearing them out by shooting clay targets. I can almost hear Joe C. smiling all the way to the bank!

Seitz1113, wpt, BT99&SKB and 2 others like this.
  12. Subjr1

Subjr1 Active Member

I thought you said the targets at the CC are great? I could be mistaken though..

13. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Did I read, Pigeon Ring?

14. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I have watched live bird shooters many times, gives you good reason to have a lot of respect for those guys and even some ladies ... Talk the talk, walk the walk, and lay that money down .... I never ventured into that game figured there was no way I could afford it from what I was seeing, but it was fun just observing ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. Flyersarebest

Hearing, Bring Me Five, is a lot better than hearing, Load Em’.

Thank the pigeon Gods I never had to hear that one. LOL

Seitz1113 and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  16. Don Cogan

I haven’t reviewed the laws in Ohio but perhaps if the Cardinal Center was a licensed game preserve it would be legal to shoot pigeons. Maybe “Thornbottom East” preserve.

History Seeker likes this.
  17. Flyersarebest

Naw, home ground advantage. He’s tough enough already.

18. BRAD DYSINGER

You very well could shoot live birds at the CC. I closed my ring because I didn't like to handle those rats with wings and it was getting to cost as much for a pigeon as it did a pheasant. The funny thing about pigeon shooters is that the never bitched about the birds being to hard, just the that they wouldn't fly. I like being around Pigeon shooters, not skeet and sporting clays shooters and though I used to like the average trap shooter piss and moans about everything so much more in the last 20 years and now even Pot Holes that I can't hardly stand them either. One day at a CC shoot is more than enough time to remind me why I quit.

SubJr 1 I'll give you the same advice I've given my kids many times . It's best to just set there and keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a dummy than to open it and prove it. Find any post where I say how great the targets are at the Cardinal Center. On the other hand you can find 15 years worth of posts I've made about the ATA's rules making the targets too easy. That making them too easy has reached the point that the targets don't spin, don't fly right, and are harder to break if you do hit them.

I was setting targets way way back before you weren't aborted. Any kid your age should just be thankful to be breathing and that your parents wanted you. I don't believe Post Birth abortion is legal yet but give the Democrats time and it might become.

Maybe when you grow up you'll look back and say was I really that dumb back then? I'll help you out YES. If you really want to argue trap shooting with me bring it on but you better use some research other than google. I know where most of the past 47 years of ATA bodies are dumped, who put them there and why. You can't get away with saying the things I've said about the ATA, Gipson, Taylor, Bradford, Hampton and on and on and them not being true.

Please bring a good argument to the table I never have liked things too easy. I still remember your shooting hundreds of clubs comment, just give facts. If you don't know don't say I could be mistaken. I never ask a question of anybody on here that I don't already know the answer.

Trolling is a fine art and a rewarding one on any trap shooting web page but remember that I've been doing it many more years than you so step it up son if you want to be All American in more than name only.

OLD MAN, cwtech, John Trap and 4 others like this.
  19. Seitz1113

Seitz1113 ETA Organizer

Brad..... thank you for pissing on subjr1's corn flakes.... I'm glad someone finally told him.... like my grandfather always told me " keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut and you just might learn something ""

John Trap likes this.
  20. Flyersarebest

As I told the young man.

God gave you two holes to listen and one hole to talk for a reason.

wpt likes this.
  21. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

But, but Brad, our old buddy, the late Frank Little always claimed black rimmed targets produced better scores. Could it be a trap God was wrong?

wpt and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  22. DEDPAIR

DEDPAIR Well-Known Member

This happens more than you'd think! As someone on the Wholesale side for 12 years and Retail for another 20, i've seen and heard this a dozen times. One year Remington fired all their reps while they were attending the SHOT show. The reality is why pay a Rep Group (T.F. Gowen here in PA) 3-5% COmmissions on a product in such high demand. You can bring it in house and control you're costs internally. They can hire 20 Territory reps for a @ a million $$ in salaries, compared to say 3-5 million in commissions annually. And sorry to tell you but Shotshell Ammo, specifically Clay target oriented, is less than 1% of their overall sales yearly and heavily weighted towards big box, chain store, and buying group sales. Biggest pocket books, biggest supplies being sent!