Who nominated Ed Wehking as ATA President?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by merlo, Dec 28, 2022.

1. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

Just for the record….who nominated Ed Wehking as ATA President?

I report. You decide.
    merlo out.

2. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Well-Known Member Founding Member

My best guess is one of the other ATA delegates from his zone.

Ron B

3. Union Strong

Union Strong Well-Known Member

Curious question

4. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Who Cares, Merlo is losing his/hers/its/they/them/those/us/thems edge by asking questions? In the olden times he/she/it/them/those/ect,ect.ect had answers and facts not questions. The trap shooting world just got a little sader. Looks like those Merlo's has lost its edge.

Roger Coveleskie and Roy D like this.
  5. EUREKA Post 2

EUREKA Post 2 Member Past State President

Phil Kiner said he didnt get to the meeting until after the Mexico vote. 15 minutes late Kiner said. Nomination was approx 80 minutes into the meeting. Mexico vote, which Phil Kiner says he missed had to be 90 minutes into the meeting.

If Phil was honest, then how could he be there for the vote? How could he nominate someone if he wasn’t there?

Are the minutes fabricated?

6. Roy D

Roy D Well-Known Member

Kiner is as honest as they come. Take that to the bank.

-Roy

7. EUREKA Post 2

EUREKA Post 2 Member Past State President

Tell me Roy. Did he miss the Mexico vote? Was he there for the President election?

No one said anyone was dishonest. You just cant be in two places at once.

8. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Brad,
    You and I got no dog in this fight as neither one of us cares what the ATA does. I do have to admit that this thread actually has my interest. Mr. Kiner has stated he wasn’t present for the vote to bring Mexico into the ATA. He also states had he been there he would have voted in favor of the motion. Absolutely no reason for Mr. Kiner to lie about not being there especially after telling us how he would have voted. I don’t know Mr. Kiner but I do know you very well. Mr. Kiner is a friend of yours and you don’t suffer fools or liars. That tells me Mr. Kiner is an honest man. Therefore I believe Mr. Kiner wasn’t present for the Mexico vote.
    I read the minutes from the ATA’s annual meeting of the B.O.D. The nomination for the new ATA President clearly took place before Mr. Kiner arrived at the meeting yet the minutes state that Mr. Kiner nominated Ed Wehking for President of the ATA. So perhaps you were a bit harsh on Merlo. Looks to me like Merlo might have caught the ATA in a big ol’ fib!

9. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Don Merlo Smerlo, catching the ATA telling a lie ain't that big of a deal. I don't know why Kiner would have voted to let the mexicans have a delegate, let alone a vote, but I'd believe him that he wasn't their when the vote took place. I remember in the not so distant past when the ATA doubled the number of Grand entries and didn't fess up till this site called them out. Just an honest accounting mistake, says Gipson.

Who knows who installed the next ATA President. You are I right I don't care

10. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Don’t be such a killjoy Brad! I’m not an attorney so I have to ask: is deliberate falsification of the corporate minutes of a non-profit organization an actionable offense? Will anyone step up to correct the official minutes? I agree that catching the ATA telling tall tales isn’t that difficult for anyone that pays attention. A couple years back when the Grand was held in Missouri the ATA gave Illinois credit for the targets. I privately pointed that out to the highest of ATA officials at that time but only heard crickets back. The gun clubs are begging the ATA for help with an affordable alternative to 3S. The ATA says that would use up too much of the 22 million dollar nest egg they have. They just keep pissing on the membership while trying to convince them it’s rain. I think you and I should start selling umbrellas!

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  11. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Does anyone know were the 22 million would go if the ATA was disbanded? Roger C.

12. Cali shooter

Cali shooter Member

Not to the Life Members...

13. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Cali shooter. I was pretty sure about that. I just wondered who, would get it?

14. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

I believe Federal Law requires 501c3 assets be given to charities in line with their mission statement. Also, the org the current ATA replaced was not a 501c3.

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  15. Got Beagles

Got Beagles Active Member

If Phil nominated Ed then why not say so? WTH? Or would that show he was there for the Mexico vote?