Where is John Force ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by rookieshooter, Jul 20, 2020.

1. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

All 4 race cars have not entered any races. Which includes trapshooter Robert Height.
    Covid maybe Sponcer cut back or both?

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

There was an article on NHRA today, says he is being cautious to an extreme for personal reasons, explained some of them and it makes sense ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. billt

billt Active Member

I read a few days ago he is pulling his entire race team, along with all of his cars for the rest of the season. I think he is as disgusted as the rest of us over all of this COVID crap. Along with the way it's being handled.

rookieshooter and wpt like this.
  4. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

I started to watch drag racing again on TV. I guess that is one positive of isolating oneself. They have been running all the race events in Indy. NHRA owns the track in Indy. Yeah, I heard John Force has basically shut down for the year - I hear COVID concerns - sponsor problems??

I haven't followed the sport much last few years. Pro Stock is my favorite class. Boy was I surprised when I found out the Mustangs I was rooting for in Pro Stock now have Chevy motors in em? How in the heck can you have the word "stock" in your class when you can run a Chevy motor in a Ford?

I liked drag racing a lot better when "Dyno Don" Nicholson was running his Maverick and Bob Glidden was dominating Pro Stock. But I'm an old guy

5. wpt

This week it is at Topecka and the field is very limited .... I do not blame Force for being cautious on behalf of him self his family and crews ... WPT .... (YAC) ...

History Seeker and rookieshooter like this.
  6. Jack Olson

Jack Olson Mega Poster

There's nothing stock about any of them.

7. wpt

There was a time when the engine blocks had to be of any given factory, those days are long gone ... The cars are nothing but clones in a sense with only the body representing various manufactures for the sponsorship money ... I was a Member of the NHRA for over 40 years and witnessed a lot of the transition, even back when I was racing ... Nothing like putting everything you got into a car and roll into the box next to an obvious factory sponsored car who is going to probably hand you your lunch unless he blows the things up ... The Factory Super Stocks of today are the closest thing there is to real street cars and they are usually not street legal ... Next time you see a Toyota with a Hemi in it you will have no doubt is it not a factory car ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

rookieshooter likes this.
  8. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

I just got on the NHRA website and it looks like they are going to have fans in the stands for the Nationals in Indy this weekend. $71 for a single ticket to Sunday - the last day. Indy track is about 4 hours from where I live, put then you have to wear mask, extra for parking. I'll catch it on TV instead.

History Seeker, wpt and rookieshooter like this.
  9. wpt

I was an avid fan and follower of the NHRA for years, had pictures of most all of the Big guns taken at different events over the course of close to 15 years all in a nice photo album ... My ex wife had a thing about anything that I enjoyed and placed any value on so when she would get pissed off at me she would destroy things ... Clothes, photo albums, uniforms, shoes, even a shot gun I bought for my youngest son, beside attempting to burn the house down by spreading gallons of gas all around and even on my son which finally got her put in a Mental ward for awhile (that's a different story) ... Needless to say the photo album got destroyed and was irreplaceable due to the passage of time ... I watched John Force race for so long I felt like I knew him personally, he usually made the right decisions and I have to figure he made the right one once again by sitting out the season ... The NHRA is nothing like it was when the members really mattered, kind of like the ATA but on a much bigger scale ... I will be watching from home also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. ljutic329

ljutic329 Mega Poster Founding Member

Robert Hight was at the Grand

History Seeker likes this.
  11. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

WPT, I feel your pain. I had a crazy woman in my life once too. Sounds like mine might have been halfway sane compared to yours. Still crazy enough to attempt suicide, still crazy enough to screw up a half dozen other people's lives along the way too. Malcontent - grass ALWAYS greener anyway wherever she wasn't.

I know how you feel about watching John Force so much you felt like you knew him personally. For me, that guy was Bob Glidden - started following him in the early 70s when he was racing that 69-70 Mustang convertible in Super Stock. He was based out of Indy so I saw him run all over the MidWest. He was a Ford guy and I am a Ford fan. Mopar and Chevy were dominating Super Stock across the country back then until they came to Indy and ran into Glidden and his Mustang. Seems like he always won - that is how I remember it anyway. LOL Then he moved into Pro Stock and dominated that for a while. I only said hi to him once or twice, but it felt like I knew him.

I quit following drag racing probably 25 years ago, now that Covid has kept me home I started watching it on TV again.

A couple of nights ago I was playing around on "You Tube" they have video from the Nationals back in the mid 60s. Boy did that bring back memories - Dandy Dick Landy, and his big cigar, forgot all about him and a bunch of others.

wpt likes this.
  12. 28ga guy

28ga guy Well-Known Member

Good lord man! She sounds like a real nut! SuperxJeff from the old site here

13. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

One of the Good Guys in both sports.

Robert was getting ready to get on the line in Gainesville but took the time to chat with my wife about Trap Shooting.

ROBERT HIGHT (3).JPG ROBERT HIGHT (4).JPG

14. Mr. D

Mr. D Active Member

Takes a lot of coin to field four cars every weekend, my guess there just wasn't enough ROI due to COVID.

15. ljutic329

ljutic329 Mega Poster Founding Member

Hell, I got a crazy woman now.

16. kolarpole

kolarpole Well-Known Member Founding Member

Ljuticman.....................I'M laughing and choking so much on that comment......I can hardly see the screen!!$$##$!!!