w: vintage 80's winchester 101 diamond grade combo set

Discussion in 'Missouri- Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm' started by bobski, Apr 29, 2023.

1. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

a long time ago, before i got married, i had one of these. a 101 diamond grade 2 bbl trap set offered by winchester in a promo around 1985. it had a black diamond in the pg below the safety. if you bought it, theyd give you 3 free full cases of ammo with it. it was a 1795.00 deal delivered.
    i couldnt miss with it and scored my best scores with it, early on in my shooting career. honestly, i never used the o&u. i was hooked on that un-concept.
    then the first sand box happened. away it went.
    it had a 30" o&u with a 32" un-single with winchokes. was it made by marrochi? i always thought it was made in japan. maybe just the case was marrochi.
    none the less, anyone have a lead on one? looking for one with 0 CAST, unaltered, 98-99%, in complete org case, and with duel palm swells. lmk.
    (photo credit: the www/g.i archives)

. WINCHESTER-101-DIAMOND-GRADE-TRAP-COMBO-SET_101234140_5287_13971B0E225F443E.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
  2. bobski

i will consider a left cast.

3. John G.

John G. Active Member

The early 101's were made by Olin / Kodensha inTochigi Japan. They were made in the 1970'S into the early 90's most models stopped in 1988. Yes Father hood brings new responsibilities wish I still had some things from back then. A friend sold his 101 diamond grades off this winter 1 - unsingle and 1 - O/U 2 differant guns.
    He shot them well but up graded to a Kx6 special.Krieghoff and loves it .
    Luck be with you in your search.

4. bobski

thanks for the clarification partner!

5. bobski

just checked with dawsons doubles. nada. when he comes up dry, i know its going to be a tuff hunt.

6. bobski

btt...

7. BCB

BCB Active Member

Wanenmacher’s is in 2 weeks, I will keep a eye out for one.

8. bobski

thanks.

9. Heidi

Heidi Member

bobski, I sent you an email, about having a combo set that you are looking for. Just making sure that you received it. Thanks Heidi

10. bobski

got it. thanks. btw, im on the road tied up. sorry.
    bob

11. bobski

btt...

12. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

bobski send a PM to RogerC I think he still shoots one. Im with an understanding that the 32 in unsingle was a limited run of the 101 Diamond Grade.

13. bobski

will do.