The Average shooter won more GAH's

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by dr.longshot, Feb 21, 2015.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

The average short yardage shooter won more Handicaps on the 44 degree 50-52 yard targets
    than any other yardage, Is that why the Angles were reduced so they 27 yd shtrs.could win? Just go to the GAH win column and look back from 1975 when the 44 degree angle was dominate. Very damn few long yardage wins.

Was this why the 37 degree angle was proposed? I would bet a dollar to a donut it was.
    Along with the high gun lewis classes, and the one money 4 lewis class events.
    This took the average shooters money, Fleeced them royal, the short yardage shooters.
    Dr.longshot

2. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

And the huge increase in Grand Slams from 40+ to approx. 540 today.

3. dr.longshot

The 37 degree target was the major change, to help long yardage shooters, do not let them pull the WOOL over you short yardage shooters eyes. It was for the long 27 yard shooters benefit.
    Dr.longshot

4. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

Just fade away into the sunset. You shot, you did OK, now move over for the younger crowd, and when they are your age, a newer group will come in and fix it.

lord maker likes this.
  5. Rob 111

Rob 111 Active Member Founding Member

Doc , how old were these short yardage shooters? Thank you,Rob Mize

6. dr.longshot

Rob most were older I believe, I never got to see any history on it, I do remember Bernard Bonn he was older, I believe.

7. dr.longshot

Does it bother you that they were short yardage shooters?

8. dr.longshot

Is the Angle change getting to you?

9. Rob 111

Rob 111 Active Member Founding Member

Doc , I know that age is not very kind to us. But it happens to all of us . Hope to see you soon, respectfully, Rob Mize

10. Michael McGee

Michael McGee Mega Poster Founding Member

I think Pete Donat won in 1949 with 100 from 20 yds. He would have been a young man then. I think the ages were pretty well spread out during this period that LS is talking about.

11. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

Not at all.

Nothing gets to me.

But, things seem to get to you, let it go. Why keep harping on the things you can't control?

All trap readers should be removed from all records, how's that sound?

12. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Just one simple question.

Are you serious about that above statement, or are you only trying to jerk LS around?

You don't have to dance around it. A simple question with a simple answer.

Flyersarebest

13. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

No, Sir,

It was just a simple question.

14. fredoniarob

fredoniarob Active Member

I shoot in a small (4club, 50bird/night ) league. When i set my targets to ATA 37 everyone complained BECAUSE they said that at 16yard they had to not swing so much (only 8 ATA shooters out if 81) i even moved stakes to proper areas and was able to get copies ot ATA regulations for clubs to show why i made targets easier. Are team average went up 5 birds a night, happy to say 6youth on our team,and only 7elders. We had same shooters for most part the yr before and my average and average of our top shooter (who won hoa) did not change, so 5 other shooters averaged a bird more per 50... just a mini example...
    I went over league scores and at our club (which everyone says they hate shooting at) there was a average increase of a little over 2 percent /shooter over 8 shoots at our location vs. there league average... not saying that our birds are better, just that 37 degrees and speed has taken away some of the play from wind and made birds more predictable to point that some people actually want to shoot on our single field to get ready for big shoots.

Family Guy likes this.
  15. dr.longshot

No it did not bother me, did it bother you?

GB DLS