Snowblower recomendations?

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by Elsie, May 28, 2019.

1. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

I've got a nephew who moved to northern Iowa, (snow country) and is getting married this Labor Day. He just purchased a house and will be needing a snow blower. Thought a snow blower would be a good wedding present. Honda motor a must, do I want to get him a one stage or two stage? Any particular brand?

I have no experience with snow blowers as I use a skid steer to keep my drive clear.

2. Sgoose

Sgoose Mega Poster Founding Member

Move to Key West Florida and save your money

3. The Phantom

The Phantom Village Idiot Village Idiot Forum Leader

There's more to do in Orlando. Furthermore, Mickey doesn't believe in snow-blowers.:cool:

4. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Snow blower, is that a transgender lawnmower. Roger C.

5. Shotshell99

Shotshell99 Local Idiot

I wish I could advise but my snowblower looks like this and has an unreliable and often unmotivated engine:
    upload_2019-5-29_20-48-44.png
    Good luck on the search!

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  6. The Phantom

The Phantom Village Idiot Village Idiot Forum Leader

I don't care who you are, that's just plain funny.

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  7. quarternelson

quarternelson State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

I love the Ariens 28" one I got! Works great!

8. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

Been doing a little research seems Ariens is big in snow blowers. Do you recommend a single stage or two stager? I've just seen pictures of his house, typical subdivision lot with double drive with house maybe 40 - 50ft off road and sidewalks. .

9. quarternelson

quarternelson State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Mine is single stage, and I have a pretty long driveway. When we had our business we had a snow plow for our store and my house. When we sold I got the Ariens single stage, and it does as good of a job if not better than the truck. I would definitely get a single stage. jmo..the model I got ran around a grand. In four years of having it, it has paid for itself, saving paying someone to do my driveway.

10. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

Thanks quarternelson.

quarternelson likes this.