Silly Trapshooters...too cheap to shoot.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Johnson, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

I can take you to one of my pal’s house. Hey shoots those AR’s. He has tens of thousands of rounds. If you asked him. He could guess how many. Maybe. Lol. He has had 90% of those for a decade. And he could load thousands more. He has plenty of components.

I can point you to some well known trapshooters. They have 35 foot motor homes and shoot K80s. The RV cost $80k at least.

The difference is the registered trapshooter is too cheap to have shot shells.

You see trapshooting is no longer about the sport. The sport was removed in the mid 90’s and the flagship shoot moved to a gun hate state. Easier targets and no money.

Registered Trapshooting is more about the motorhome now. You don’t need ammo. Got RV?

2. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

The serious trapshooters I know have plenty of shot shells for this season as well as components to load thousands of rounds. Most have RV's as that is more convenient for socializing.

dr.longshot likes this.
  3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Those serious trapshooters must have consulted their gypsy (the one with the crystal ball) who told them to anticipate major ammo shortages in 2021. Most of the ones I know who shoot 3 or 4 days a week are scrounging everywhere and anywhere to supply their habit already. Even when a few pallets arrive they're soon gone even with 2 case limits. Word has it Winchester may not have primers for sale for the balance of 2021 and already raised prices multiple times on items not yet shipped. When I say it's ugly just multiple that by 10x!

4. Brad M

Brad M Well-Known Member

I have seen at my local walmart, winchester and federal 4 packs in large amounts, not much variety 1145 or 1200. I can't understand why they are shipping 4 packs and not full flats. I have yet to see a full flat in a chain store, my local person has 2 pallets of Fiocchi. I don't normally buy 4 packs and I have a few cases left but the ones I saw were either $23 or $25 for a 4 pack of either. I can remember federal 4 packs 2 years ago were $19.99.

5. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

Just picked up 2000, new ,Winchester Red boxed primers two weeks ago at a mom and pop store they just got in from their distributer -- There is hope!

6. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

oleolliedawg some just like to look at a pallet of shells or two.

7. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Not that long ago a serious ata trap shooter would drive 100 miles one way to save a quarter a bag on a ton of shot, Oh the old days.

cheetah and Ken Cerney like this.
  8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

I've got news for ya-it hasn't changed.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  9. plaw

plaw Mega Poster

Brad m., those federal 4 pak , I don't remember the yr. But when they 1st came out were 12.99

Ken Cerney likes this.
  10. mudpack

mudpack Mega Poster Founding Member

Wish ANYONE around here would get in some 4-packs, let alone flats.