Shot Price Going Up And Up

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by oleolliedawg, Mar 9, 2021.

1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Word from my distributor today is West Coast shot will be going up $2.50-$5/bag in the very near future. But it now if you have a source! Let's see, high priced shot and limited availability of ammo should soon take a bite of Trapshooting's attendance.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  2. bpd20

bpd20 Well-Known Member Founding Member

At my club the price of shot (Eagle) just went up to $40 a bag. Price includes the tax. Lawrence and West Coast are available by special order only, I don't know that price. I have noticed that "everything" seems to have gone up recently except for wads. Walmart seems to have held the ammo price the same so far, when they have it that is!

3. lord maker

lord maker Mega Poster Founding Member

Well, my small five truck trucking company, has seen fuel increase 90 cents a gallon since 1/20/21. Got to pass that cost on, even more so with something as heavy as lead.

cwtech and oleolliedawg like this.
  4. Pull

Pull Member Founding Member

At a five dollar increase . That's four hundred dollars a ton . I don't think that will stop me from shooting .

5. mission6222

mission6222 Mega Poster

Question for Lord maker. When trump caused gas prices to lower, did you adjust your charges as well. Or did you just say and do nothing.Pull in 2001 shot at my club was 10.00 a bag. That is an increase worth noting.

6. Pull

Pull Member Founding Member

mission6222 , Sir , I don't imagine most shooters will shoot over a half a ton of shot . In a target year . 333 shells per bag . 40 bags is 13,320 shells . So it might cost the average shooter a two hundred bucks a year . Primers might be an issue if you didn't salt away a couple of sleeves last summer . We may not be reloading anything without primers ...I wish you well this summer . And good day to you !

THEUNLOADER likes this.