Shooter gets to see another pair - again and again at PA shoot Complaint.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by paBOB, Jan 2, 2023.

1. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

Interesting complaint at PA State Shoot

#22-04 – Against Pennsylvania State Shotgunning Association (#440001) as filed by Tammy Van-Blargan Hensel (#9701959). Van-Blargan Hensel alleges that Wyatt Readler (#1853544) was allowed to see one pair of doubles on each post as he led a doubles shoot off with her son, Thomas Hensel (#1518589) on June 19 at the Pennsylvania State Shoot. Van-Blargan Hensel claims violation of Section IV- H-5-a of the ATA rules and Section VII-D-4. The complaint was sent to the Pennsylvania delegate for investigation on July 18. Results are pending.

2. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

I don't know what the State rules are, but I think seeing a pair on every station is excessive. Maybe the State reps should have intervened.

3. TF1

TF1 Active Member Founding Member

Since it was during the state shoot and the state shoot awards ATA furnished trophies, the ATA rules are supposed to supersede any local rules or practices. I think Ms. Hansel may have a point of contention here.

4. 320090T

320090T Mega Poster Founding Member

Why did the scorekeeper and referee at the shootoff allow this?

5. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Why didn't shoot management take care of this at the shoot. The TD should have stopped it, the trap puller should have not allowed it, the line ref should have stopped it. Looks like piss poor mamagement to me. No one today wants to follow the rules for anything.

It's a rule book not a book of suggestions. Just follow the rule book.

Flyersarebest, Dave Berlet and cl3 like this.
  6. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

HIS LOOK SEE PAIR AT 2 3 4 5 POST SHOULD HAVE BEEN LOST PAIR. PITA allows a pair at each post, ATA does not. Roger C.

Turbine likes this.
  7. Mike Poore

Mike Poore Active Member

I was there and was a referee on another trap when it happened. Clayton, the referee on that trap, did not realize the kid was doing it until it was pointed out that it was happening, and stopped him from doing it under threat of disqualification. It was the fault of the referee, who should have been paying attention, and clearly the kid knew the rules & was trying to get an edge, in short, cheating. Tammy was correct in filing the complaint and went about it properly. In my opinion the event win and AA points for that event should be taken away from the shooter.

Clam, BRAD DYSINGER, cwtech and 2 others like this.
  8. Charles Baker

Charles Baker Active Member

What, exactly, did he do?

9. Mike Poore

Mike Poore Active Member

He was squad leader, and when moving to the next post called for a "looker" pair. He had been told earlier in the week that it wasn't allowed by the rules, and especially in the shootoff where only a single Looker pair would be given at the beginning. He did it anyway and the referee wasn't aware it was going on until he was alerted, and immediately told the shooter that if he called for a pair he would not be granted another failure to fire and the targets would be scored "lost".

10. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

The ATA stopped enforcing the rules many years ago. They knew clubs were not setting targets by the book, and they looked the other way. The B.O.D. new the clubs in their states were no obeying the rules and they looked away. Now look at the mess the sport is in. How can shooters have any faith in such leadership.
    Sadly most shooters do not know the difference between a well set target and a poorly set one. THEN THEY SHOOT POORLY AND WONDER WHY. Roger C.

BRAD DYSINGER and Ken Cerney like this.