Schwab Release

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Sdm1174, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Sdm1174

Sdm1174 Member

Good afternoon,

New to the forum and have a question: I’m shooting S682x and it has Schwab releases on both barrels and I hate them. Can the Schwabs be turned off or do I need to buy new parts to convert them back to pull triggers?

thanks

2. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Hi SDM

I was surprised to see your post. Jmho but I think Schwaab made the best Beretta releases. The machine work was great. If they aren’t working right, and you want a release, I would advise you to send them to a good smith. They aren’t hard to adjust.

The husband of the secretary at Jaqua’s did most of the 682x’s. They moved to Montana after Schwaab passed. Sorry I can’t remember his name.

I would pay extra for those. A mediocre gunsmith can take those out. Schwaab set his triggers at 48 oz set and 20-22 ounce release.

I would like to see a picture of those releases.

You might have my old gun. I’d like to have that back!

3. Family Guy

More information: I remember now the machinist. His name Doug Peterson, nicknamed Crash. Sadly, my research found he passed in 2017.

When Schwab had his stroke, Doug serviced the releases without charge. Mine included.

4. Sdm1174

Sdm1174 Member

The release works well, I’m just not a release shooter. In fact, I bought the gun in the Cabela’s gun library not knowing it had a release. You can imagine my surprise at station 1.

upload_2022-8-22_19-48-51.jpeg

5. Sdm1174

Sdm1174 Member

Stock upload_2022-8-22_19-49-50.jpeg

6. Sdm1174

Sdm1174 Member

Another

upload_2022-8-22_19-51-41.jpeg

7. nickthanos

nickthanos Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I think you could just take the hoop out and it should work as standard pull triggers.

8. Sdm1174

Sdm1174 Member

Thank you. The screw that holds the hook in place, was that threaded hole machined into the gun by Schwab? Or was the hole preexisting from the factory? I’m trying to figure out what to put back in the hole after the hooks come out.

9. Fargo2

Fargo2 Well-Known Member

Made by Schwab.....or in this case Doug Peterson. ;)

10. Family Guy

Note: The screws will get in the way of a new stock. Both can be removed. One is for over travel of the hook. The other is the pivot.

11. lockingblock

lockingblock New Member

Just remove the hook and you'll have a trigger with a 3 lb. to 5 lb. pull but maybe more take up than you want. Pretty sure the screw holes are Schwab. The front screw (over travel) serves no function if the hook is removed. If you're replacing the stock just inlet it to match the one you are taking off.

12. larry prior

larry prior Active Member

remove the hooks