Rubber gloves best brand for messy scattergun cleaning

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by farmerfranklyn@yahoo. Om, Dec 5, 2022.

1. farmerfranklyn@yahoo. Om

farmerfranklyn@yahoo. Om Well-Known Member

Ok I break down my shotgun into parts, barrel, receiver and trigger group you know the drill. I know full well I missed targets because it was not scrubbed properly. Hey this time it’s gonna be different first up spay 'n wipe cleaner on the parts makes a slippery mess… time to wash my hands. Next clean the barrel, same nasty stuff plus light oil…more slop on hands back to the sink. Last up trigger group squeeze the little slick stuff bottle followed by lube…yikes more crapola on my hands. Once again to the basin seems I wash my hands more than a surgeon. Finally my question…sorry look at title at the top gotta wash my hands again.

2. Justin L.

Justin L. Active Member

I doubt many farmers would blink at getting some grease/oil on their hands. It’s not even too cold to shoot outside, yet…

3. grizquad

grizquad Well-Known Member Founding Member

If I am using lots of de greasing chemicals, I just use the blue nitrile gloves I buy from Harbor Freight. Cheap enough!

Cournot and rrisum like this.
  4. Diesel_ss

Diesel_ss Moderator

I've used the raven brand, and also the thickster brand.

Both are good, the ravens are 7mil. Normal oils and fluids won't hurt them, however brake cleaner, carb cleaner and starting fluid will eat them up.

5. Lloyd Reed

Lloyd Reed Active Member

I like the blue nitrile gloves from harbor freight however have been using mechanics gloves from whoever has the on sale. They keep oils and grease and other harmful chemicals off your hands. I don’t mind getting my hands dirty or greasy but some chemicals are hazardous and your hands absorb chemicals. Learned that lesson the hard way using a petroleum product without protection and ended up quite sick.