RR Buckle Shoot Canceled

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by 635 G, Nov 21, 2021.

1. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

The "Buckle Shoot" @ Robinson Ranch is cancelled. Blame is placed on lack of ammo availability.

2. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

That's funny Phil,

My sources say there is no ammo shortage at Black Jack, and these same guys would be shooting the Buckle Shoot.

Could it be the locals are staying closer to home now, or are things going "south" at Robinson ?

Haven't been back to Robinson since I was told by the owner I couldn't sign up at 11 AM, when the program clearly stated sign ups end at 1:00 PM and there were still openings on squads. That was the last 50 mile, one way drive for me.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  3. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Bad management is now more the rule than the exception it appears, even at gun clubs. I'd guess History Seeker has the real reason.

Wildcat Lewis likes this.
  4. History Seeker

So I have been told, RR has been going down hill for quite a spell. Manager/owner always wants to close up by noon. He has better things to do than to take care of those who fed him for a long time.

Am I correct 635G ?

5. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Look @ his website hours are stated 8:30 --11:30, and with the passing of Mike Snetzko--I honestly believe the writing is on the wall, strong rumor another facility is building a range with 12 fields in Leesburg

6. History Seeker

They really need an AA approved trap facility closer to this area for sure.

A while back I spoke with the lady at Ares Firearms training facility about the future shotgun ranges. She told me because of covid it had been on hold. I do hope this is the place you are hearing rumors of.

Once the wife is healed I plan on going down to take a look and shoot my "other" guns.