Reno Gun Show?

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by Semperfi909, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Semperfi909

Semperfi909 Mega Poster

Coming up this wkend. Last one I went to was pretty much a blow. Anyone got any idea about whether it's worth going to this one?
    thanks
    Charlie

2. Joe Winnicki

Joe Winnicki Guest

It was rumored that the Bloomberg Group bought an interest in the corporation that operated the Grand Sierra Hotel, Reno, NV. where the Big Reno show was located for over 30 years of one of the best gun shows in the west, the show was moved to the Reno convention center and became just another ho hum gun show. After that horrible shooting in Las Vegas the politics in Nevada changed. With a extremely liberal Governor and a anti gun felon for AG gun owners are under pressure in Nevada.

Joe

3. Semperfi909

Semperfi909 Mega Poster

business is business and doesn't GAF about politics. The show's attendance has been going down for several years because the sellers were paying a big $ entry and sales were not that great AND the shoppers were paying a big$ entry and the prices were close to stupid on most stuff that could be had off ebay and the 'net in general for way less. And of course the BATF made a stink by popping a few federal gun law violators.
    If gun shows made $ for everybody they'd still be going. Venue owners get greedy, promoters get greedy, sellers get greedy, buyers pass, show decays
    I was not surprised to hear that the show in Feb was not fab

4. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

I went to a local gun show a couple of weeks ago. My first in several years. There was hardly anybody there. People can only buy so many ARs and stock up on only so much ammo. 10 years ago you couldn't get in a show and people were packing stuff out in wheelbarrows. Now just the opposite.

5. Michael jenis

Michael jenis Well-Known Member

Went to the Las Vegas show this year,very disappointing compared to the last time five years ago.I,m thinking most of the big dealers all have there websites and the the cost of moving there merchandise and staying in hotels along with paying for show expenses are keeping them in there home state.

6. Semperfi909

Semperfi909 Mega Poster

Not to mention last time I looked Las Vegas and the hotels impose so many "fees" that the price of most any room is near doubled from the advertised rate. I save a couple $100 easy by not staying in LV proper. And like you say the collectors' show is going down too and that is not surprising with the buying demographic and the sellers' absurd prices.
    JMO of course

7. Semperfi909

Semperfi909 Mega Poster

this in the email today AM
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]