Recoil pads ??

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Mike Holland, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Mike Holland

Mike Holland Well-Known Member

asking for advice on a good trap pad. Thanks Mike

2. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

Kickezz for sure

Jeffrey May likes this.
  3. shortbarrel

shortbarrel Active Member

limbsaver

Jeffrey May likes this.
  4. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Used to love Gooey pads, only negative was their short life, I'm stuck with Kick-Ezz modified trap

5. mudpack

mudpack Mega Poster Founding Member

Limbsaver, either Classic or Airtech.
    One of the few products I can confidently recommend to my friends.

Jeffrey May and Mike Holland like this.
  6. Bill Powers

Bill Powers Member

I've been using a falcon strike for about a year and I'm happy with it so far

snooky1 likes this.
  7. nickthanos

nickthanos Well-Known Member

I like the terminator from 100 straight. Been installing & using them for over 20 years.

David McMillen likes this.
  8. Mike Holland

Mike Holland Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input

mudpack likes this.
  9. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

Microcell -Made by Cervellati -- they make the pads for Beretta, Perazzi, Blaser and FN.- Distributed by Hastings

Mike Holland and Michael McGee like this.
  10. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member V I P

There’re a bit slippery though..

Mike Holland likes this.
  11. Kolar Top Single

Kolar Top Single Active Member

I also felt a bit on the slippery side.

Jon Reitz likes this.
  12. Kick Ezz

Jeffrey May likes this.
  13. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Dave Berlet made my recoil pads when he worked at Goodyear. It;s the best pad I've ever had, but he only made about 2 doz or so. I have three of them, one never on a gun. Maybe he can tell you about them.

14. Trapstarr

Trapstarr Hall monitor

Microcell. Best recoil reduction, cheap, easy to fit, and durable. Only potential downside is they aren't cosmetically as nice once fit since they have an open cell sidewall instead of solid material, although the ISIS pad would look the same. Much more effective than the ISIS pad as well

Mike Holland likes this.
  15. mudpack

mudpack Mega Poster Founding Member

Best? Possibly. But, have you tried a Limbsaver?
    While I can't be so presumptuous to say a Limbsaver is the best....since I haven't tried every pad available....I can say that it's the best I have ever tried.

Jeffrey May likes this.
  16. snooky1

snooky1 Active Member

Falconstrike

17. Guss

Guss Member

I like the feel of kick Ezz pads.
    When trying softer pads like Microcell ect. it was difficult to find the sweet spot on my shoulder.
    Guss

18. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

The late Phil Ross, said "don't grind a pad, leave it as big as possible to spread out the recoil"

19. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Phil knew a lot about spreading stuff besides recoil. I miss our heart's games. Me, him, Leo, and Bobbie Gilbertson would shoot the chain together and play hearts every day all day in between events.