Ranger Riact A.I. lenses

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by MOE, Jan 7, 2023.

1. MOE

MOE Mega Poster Founding Member

Wondering if anyone using this site are also using the new Ranger Riact A.I. Lenses? They are supposed to be the cat's pajama's ( or so the ad states) for low light conditions. Since my optometrist has told me my eye condition requires lots of light for me to see well, I was hoping these might help.

2. I looked through a few of them at a shoot and I was very impressed. Unfortunately the colors I checked out are not available for the sporter clip on lenses.

MOE likes this.
  3. i to need lots of light and have been using the standard max lite $69.00 85% light trabs. good option before spending big money on a.i.

MOE likes this.
  4. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member V I P

Prescription lenses aren’t available either.

MOE likes this.
  5. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

The best lenses for low light are clear, they transmit the most light-also if any lense is that much better the Olympic shooters would be using them exclusively

MOE likes this.
  6. Lee Gardner

Lee Gardner Active Member

AI Lense are fantastic. great contrast and extremely sharp imaging I like mine better than my pilla for sure. no question about it!

firewater and MOE like this.
  7. I sold all my Decot stuff (Color Mags too) and bought the Classic Sporter set at the Grand last year. Visual acuity was the selling point. Best lenses I've ever looked through. I think better than Pilla. My opinion anyway.... :)

MOE likes this.
  8. MOE

Who makes the Classic Sporter?

9. Ranger. Go to their website and they have Riact AI packages listed. You can get Falcon series and others. The Classic style fits my neanderthal forhead the best.....

MOE likes this.
  10. CuriosityKTCat

CuriosityKTCat Perazzi TM1

I have had the Riact AI lenses for almost a year now and I cannot recommend them enough! I have the edge frames and I think it's the perfect set up. The three colors have served me well in every scenario so far. I honestly appreciate only having the three options. Helps with avoiding analysis paralysis around picking the perfect color for the day.

I have very sensitive eyes to the point that I'm basically always is sunglasses outside. These have been phenomenal for me. I typically have issue with yellow lenses, but have no issue with these at all. The clarity is top notch.

Happy to answer any questions you may have!

MOE likes this.
  11. Mike Holland

Mike Holland Well-Known Member

send me the contact info. *******@******** Thanks

Mod Edit: I deleted your emai
    Use the PM option

Flyersarebest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2023
  12. Bought a pair of the mediums for our son who’s pretty new to the sport. He’s shot a few hundred targets since we bought them and he loves them so far.

MOE likes this.
  13. GOAT123

GOAT123 Member

Waste of money

14. MOE

Do you own a pair? and if not what makes you say that?

Flyersarebest and Jon Reitz like this.
  15. chipn100x100

chipn100x100 Active Member

I'm interested in that answer as well....
    I've heard great things about those lenses, but I would like to know why some guys don't think they are all of that.

MOE likes this.
  16. plaw

plaw Mega Poster

I have the midlite and the lowlite,like the midlite best especially on a cloudy day they make the orange pop. Looking at the pilla they are a lot of $$$

MOE likes this.