Question: When the WSRC sells what happens to the Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by PaulLori27, Feb 15, 2023.

1. PaulLori27

PaulLori27 Active Member

Does the new company or person get the revenue for visits if they decide to charge?

And do we get to put a bid on the contents?

2. Cali shooter

Cali shooter Member

Maybe we should wait until all the details are published or made available. That would clear things up. Unless someone here is an employee or the potential buyer.

3. PaulLori27

PaulLori27 Active Member

Why wait Cali? Didn’t you just post on another thread this is old news? Stupid thing to say right?

I want to bid on on this? I don’t want to wait until the auction is over.

4. Cali shooter

Cali shooter Member

I don’t ever bid blind on anything, that’s how I have the money I have. I will be waiting for a formal bid/inspection package.

5. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I don't think even Bill Martin can afford Sparta again, he did pay for the hof building once already. It will be interesting to see who does bid on the complex if it is up for sale. Owning a trap shooting club isn't high on any investors to do list in good times let alone today. Also you know the price of land has got to be a lot higher than it was in early 2000's when the wsrc was built.

6. Rn3

Rn3 Well-Known Member

Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) officials notified Amateur Trapshooting Association (ATA)
    officials that legislation could be introduced in the upcoming session that would give the IDNR the
    authority to offer many state properties for bid, possibly to include the World Shooting and Recreational
    Complex (WSRC), Sparta Illinois.
    If IDNR decides to offer the WSRC for bid the process of creating a bid package will take many months if
    not years.
    The current period of the lease agreement between the ATA and IDNR for the use of the facility will
    continue through 2026 and will be honored and very possibly extended no matter who owns the property.

7. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

The author says the lease will be extended regardless of who owns it? Laughable. New owner will say that lease is gone.

As it is both parties can leave the lease.

I hope mods will bring up the HOF lease.

8. lord maker

lord maker Mega Poster Founding Member

Why would the new owners terminate the ATA lease? Its the only income that the WSRC produces. It would be like buying a duplex and kicking out the tenants.

9. Jersey Giant

Jersey Giant Active Member

Why toss the ATA?
    1. The first thing you do when you buy a duplex is toss the tenants and raise the rates.

2. If the WSRC was a cash cow the state would keep it.

3. The ATA EC has a reputation as being more corrupt than Chicago.

4. There are thousands of acres there with water and sewage beside many lakes.

5. The SCTP was offered free targets to stay. Still a bad deal.

I hear an auctioneer selling sold. Jmho

10. bpd20

bpd20 Well-Known Member Founding Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see the state maintain ownership of the property but, let's say, offer a 99 year lease of the site. In so doing, with a properly constructed lease, it could relieve the State of many (if not all) financial responsibilities of the site. Just trying to think outside the box here but the possibilities are endless this early in the game. The State got that land from Peabody Coal Company for a song. A portion of the site belonged to the Reserve/Guard unit in Sparta and a property switch (plot for plot) trade was made for that. The state did not pay for the Hall of Fame and the ATA (I think) bought the trap machines.
    My gut tells me if the Grand relocates again Lynn Creek in Missouri would be a strong contender. The Cardinal may become a contender too, who knows?
    I think the Grand will probably remain in Sparta for quite a while though but what do I know!

11. Jim/Canton

Jim/Canton Mega Poster

The ATA is so corrupt, they built the HOF on land they didn’t own. And according to the contract it is possible the museum is now owned forever by Illinois.

Whatever it takes. Just keep that corruption in Illinois.

12. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

More important to me, what happens to Punkin?????

13. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

ahhh, the memories...

grand ata hq.JPG

BRAD DYSINGER and shortbarrel like this.
  14. BRAD DYSINGER

What year?

15. bobski

16. BRAD DYSINGER

30 years sure have flown by. Thanks

17. bobski

I guess it has.
    gravity on the downhill slide effects us all indeed.