Pony Express would be faster

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by History Seeker, Jun 23, 2021.

1. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Sure glad I didn't need this gun for any time soon. Amazing it sits in a place for 6 days without being noticed.

Still has not arrived at my place in Central Florida.

I wonder if this is part of Biden's Firearm plan ?

Jun 22
    2:27 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Jun 16
    In Transit to Next Facility

Jun 12
    10:08 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    BILLINGS MT DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Jun 12
    1:23 pm
    Departed Post Office
    ENNIS,MT 59729

2. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Have got it yet It is June 23rd, 2021?

GB..............................DLS

3. History Seeker

Just got a notify that it just arrived in the Seminole-Orlando distribution center 6/23/2021

Sure is getting a lot of travel time. LOL

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in SEMINOLE-ORLANDO FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on June 23, 2021 at 8:15 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

4. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Dave, what kinda gun is it--hope its not an "assault" gun

5. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

It is not cheap but anytime I shipped a gun, I usually overnighted it .... They usually get there by 10AM the following morning ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  6. pump gun guy

pump gun guy Active Member

They temporarily "lost a gun of mine one time coming back from repairs. They were not the lest bit concerned until I told them I was going to report it to the BATF as a possible gun theft . They FOUND it the same day !

wpt likes this.
  7. ljutic329

ljutic329 Mega Poster Founding Member

ups is just as bad

8. wpt

I have had the best luck with UPS compared to DHL or Fed Ex ... I had an account with them at one time because I used to buy and sell a lot of guns when I was a dealer ... I insure them and register them so they do not come up lost, probably been very lucky over the years considering the number of transactions I have made ...
    The one thing I did not like here in Phx is I had to take it to a main terminal, could not do it at a drop off center or have them pick it up due to the nature of the shipment but they do deliver overnight packages right to the house ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. History Seeker

No Phil, the only assault that this gun would do is on paper targets.... LOL

.50 Cal. Hawkin for my "little" collection.

Can't shoot shotguns any more, so collecting old time arms is the best I can do.

They said something about DHL delivery in one of the delivery notices so I have no idea how it's going to be getting here.

Did you see where Firecrackers are Scarce here in Florida do to the Powder shortage going on ?

Guess people will be resorting to sling shots before long.

wpt likes this.
  10. Gerald

Gerald Mega Poster Founding Member

Get ready for Bidens gun proposal. FFL dealers harassment on the way

Tegards......Gerald

History Seeker and wpt like this.
  11. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

Last gun shipped -- United States postal service -- Priority three day Mail -- Expected delivery date on receipt, six days later ? -- real time was fourteen day -- So, if I pay for overnight I would be guaranteed to get it in four days?

12. History Seeker

A few years ago I had sent Next Day Air, an important document from South Carolina to upstate NY.

Well, same thing as rrisum. It got to the destination 13 days later and all ripped to shreds.

Needless to say my attorney couldn't do much for me and deal fell through, although I re-mailed a copy of that document 2 days later and it took 6 days for that to arrive.

My Grandfather was a postmaster in the '30's, and my father was a Superintendent of Mails in the '60's and 70's when there was pride within the postal service.

Employees wore uniforms proudly, today you have no idea who is postal service and who is not.

Sad

I can only guess they are both rolling in their graves today.

wpt likes this.
  13. DEDPAIR

DEDPAIR Well-Known Member

The Distributor I work for has had similar issues with FedEx and UPS. I get daily notices of delays and guns going missing for weeks.

History Seeker likes this.
  14. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Get used to it. When to insane complete their take over of the government these will be the good old days. Sad but true. Roger C.

15. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

DEDPAIR YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY GUN SHIPPMENT PROBLEMS. You will not have any to ship. the government is going to protest us we will no
    longer have a need for either guns, or cash money. If we the people do not correct the problem in the 2022 election, we will have no freedoms left. It will be total government control from cradle to grave. Roger C.

16. History Seeker

UPDATE was emailed to me Friday 6/25.

NOT here yet.

Getting to be a Joke. ha ha ha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

Status
    In Transit, Arriving Late
    June 24, 2021

17. History Seeker

June 25 at 6:00 PM

The gun has arrived by USPS Parcel Post.

Yippee, no wonder it cost $48.00 in postage.

they probably had to hire people for the cost of a Finder's Fee.

All was packed incredibly well, with NO damage. Whew

wpt likes this.
  18. Digodell

Digodell Active Member

These vendors ship millions of packages a day, the fact they have as few problems as they do is what is astounding to me! That being said I would love to see the stats on firearms shipments compared to others. When they do make a mistake retribution is about useless. Threatening them does nothing, the employee has no skin in the game, they could care less about reporting to anyone. The BATF, really, the government beuracrat at the ATF is going to help? The insurance policies are worthless. I had a gunstock split in half on a high end safari rifle packaged extremely well, claim denied for packaging, and I kept the packaging for review! Had attourney send letter, end of the day gave up as legal cost would have outrun the replacement cost. Fed X recently “lost” a handgun shipped over night for three weeks, can’t even turn in a claim for 30 days.

19. wpt

I have obviously been very lucky based on many stories I hear when it come to shipping guns, parts, cameras, Magic Rocks, and so forth ... When I was a dealer it was a daily routine to ship or accept guns, parts, apparel, glass's or just about any and everything associated with shooting ... I tried every shipper as well as the United States Postal Service but UPS turned out to be the best and most reliable ... I did have one gun get misplaced and did not get delivered the next day, they refunded my money for the over night shipping ( the gun got there a day late ) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

if it was sent regular parcel usps, it had to go thru NUMEROUS hands on confirmations at every transfer. took long yes...but gotta hand it to usps for making ABSOLUTELY sure its not lost by double checking.

21. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

It has been a few years back but I was direct from CZ and had a shipment of about 20 guns that Fed X said had been delivered to our business and weren't. One call to CZ who called the ATF and in about 18 hours my guns were found to be in the neighbor's garage where they had be dropped off by the Fed X man without anyone signing for them. I wasn't the most unhappy person in the deal in the end.

History Seeker and wpt like this.
  22. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

holy cow.