POLL Amateur Trapshooting Association (ATA) has $21 million to spend promoting shotgun sports? POLL

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by merlo, Feb 11, 2023.

?

Should the ATA be spending more of it’s money promoting shotgun sports?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

A recent post on a thread by Dobyns noted the ATA has a good job done investing. And the minutes shows the ATA is worth around $21 million.

The question is…should the ATA be spending more money promoting shotgun sports?

I report. You decide.
    merlo out

2. Cali shooter

Cali shooter Member

We all know that a few folks hate Illinois and hate that grand moved even though some voiced their opinion that they didn’t want it to go to Illinois. If it has to move again it’s not going to be cheap and hopefully, they would own their home grounds this go around. While it makes good business sense to be ready for anything thrown at it. Fees and dues don’t pay for the day to day operations.

Dobyns likes this.
  3. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

Cali….you mentioned a few folks hate Illinois. That has nothing to do with the question does it? And then you mention good business sense. LOL

The HOF was put there as the anchor baby. In my opinion keep it there. I personally could care less how few go there. The ATA can’t sell that horse barn even tho they paid for it.

The ATA has been collecting fees as a 501c3. There are laws that go with that money and that nonprofit status. Be prepared to see that status disappear.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  4. Cali shooter

Cali shooter Member

Butterfly, I just wanted to make sure it came up about how much folks don’t like Illinois, and the move to it. It’s been a while. I would think if there was something nefarious going on with the money, someone round these parts would have enough pull to have it investigated. I think the ata should spend more on the kids program for sure. Keeping them is the key. IMHO a $1,000 scholarship nowadays don’t go very far. Increase those amounts and offer more. Maybe a partnership with the official ammo and offer discounts to youth programs.

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Saving money to make Cardinal Center an offer they can't refuse.

MOE and Flyersarebest like this.
  6. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

I hear it was merlo that spoke with an investigator by name of Pasquale (spelling) that forced the ATA to change the bylaws due to the illegal free guns that the EC gave each other.

7. Roll Tide

Roll Tide Member

Who thinks the EC isn’t going to ride the Sparta Pony over the cliff? They will save every penny they don’t personally spend. Every penny goes to propping up the WSRC. Very little money will go to promoting the sport. Promoting Sparta is job #1.

Of course the thoughts of buying ammo for kids and free targets are off the table.

Buying the CC would show the EC was wrong about the move to Sparta. And who says the CC is for sale. (all just my opinion)

8. CCfan

CCfan Active Member

With millions in their pocket I am hoping the ATA BOD would see the wisdom of giving free targets to the youth. FYI the BOD are the Delegates.