Peters Dove Rock Box

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by County70, Apr 14, 2021.

1. County70

County70 Active Member

Does anyone have a Peters Dove Rock Box that they could post a picture of. If someone has the box and would be willing to sell it that would even be better, Thank You, Dan!

2. mudpack

mudpack Mega Poster Founding Member

What is a Peters Dove Rock Box?

3. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Are you looking for the carrying kit box or a shell box (410 gauge) that came with the kit box?

History Seeker likes this.
  4. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

OK HB,

Time to educate the masses.

I have the Trap and targets, but have not heard of a box.

Thanks Bud !

5. County70

County70 Active Member

History Buff & History Seeker, The box I'm referring to is the original container or carrying kit that the targets came in. Just a picture will do if one of you have such. Sorry for the delay in answering I've been out of town. Thanks again, Dan.

6. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

County70,

Regrettably, I don't have a quality picture of the Duvrock disply / carrying case.

However, I do have a scan of an old 1930 advertisement on file, that shows many of the extras for this trap, to include a picture of the carrying case containing the location of items in the entire kit.

Hope this helps somewhat.

HB

AD-1930 Combined Kit.jpg
    SHELL BOX.jpg
    SHELLS-PETERS DUVROCK 410 Box.jpg

History Seeker,

I recall you once lived in the area of Canandaigua, NY. I also recall your interest in Ellis Hardware. This store sold Duvrock traps and targets in 1932.

1932 Ellis Hardware Ad.jpg
    Enjoy Our History!

HB

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    History Seeker and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  7. mudpack

mudpack Mega Poster Founding Member

Thank you, HistoryBuff.

8. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Hey Thanks HB !!!

Yes indeed, Uncle Dan Lefever and James A. Ellis were in business around 1862 to 1867 in Canandaigua, and James A.'s son Herb took over the hardware store up almost 'til his death.

Thanks for sharing the ad, and picture of the box with us.

I never had enough targets to completely load the trap I have, but now I know it would hold 40 of those little rascals.

The ad makes me wonder how many of these traps are still hanging in the old barns around that area ?

Take care and be safe old friend !

Duvrock.jpg

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  9. County70

County70 Active Member

History Buff, Thank You!! You hit a Grand Slama!! Great Pictues!!