Perazzi "The Challenge of Africa" 32in Sporting/Pigeon/ZZ

Discussion in 'For Sale-Wanted to Buy' started by ROYAL SPORTING ARMS, Jan 8, 2022.

1. This 1 of 1 custom Perazzi is dedicated to "The Big Five" and to the beauty and might they represent while on Safari.

“The collection of BIG 5 consists of the lion, the African elephant, the Cape Buffalo, the leopard and the rhinoceros. Originally used only by hunters, the term 'Big Five' refers to five of Africa's greatest wild animals. The members of the big five were chosen for the difficulty in hunting them and not their size. As during the bygone hunting era the term "Big Five" still conjure up the romance and excitement of Africa's exotic destinations and experiences. Imagine watching the sun set over the horizon whilst you capture the moment of a pride of lions stalking their prey. Watching a buffalo stolling to a water hole with strength and size that makes it more likely to kill a human than any other mammal. The rhino, which is almost extinct, with its extraordinary horns and bad temper. And the leopard with its beauty and remarkable speed and skill to hunt.” -Shadows of Africa

This is what this magnificent 1 of a kind production with a lot of presence.

Featuring:

Majestic African Elephant on bottom of receiver in 24k Gold

Lion and Leopard on Right Sideplate in 24k Gold

Rhinoceros and Cape Buffalo on Left Sideplate in 24k Gold

African Continent on the Top lever in solid 24k Gold

African Continent on the Trigger Guard in solid 24k Gold

Full Coverage Engraving throughout the receiver.

Beautiful Turkish Walnut Stock and Fore-end with the following approximate dimensions.

1-3/8 DAH, 1-3/8 DAC, 2-1/2 Drop at Montecarlo, 15 LOP with a 1/4″ offset comb and a 3/8″ toe out.

Barrels: True 32” Fixed bottom Mod, Top IMod

Flat Rib 11x7 Tapered

18.7 Bore Diameter Roughly 1.600 kg Barrel Weight.

Call Royal Sporting Arms to purchase/Inquire
    954-394-5134

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  2. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Mega Poster

Is this a factory engraved gun or a gun that was engraved aftermarket?

ROYAL SPORTING ARMS likes this.
  3. C9A40EEC-209E-4A8C-9D25-11B6A1316649.png
    Hi Huntin'Fool

This is fully done in house at our engraving studio in Brescia Italy to many levels above a Perazzi Engraving.

4. Reyper

Reyper Mega Poster

Forgive my ignorance and possibly my eyesight but the animals look like they are glued on and not originally an intricate part of the engraving. Am I wrong or am I seeing something incorrect due to lighting or camera? Thank you for your time and good shooting, Rey

5. cheetah

cheetah Well-Known Member

;)

6. Hi REYPER
    No problem at all, we appreciate the inquiry.
    We'd be glad to explain
    These are 24kt Gold inlays...planned from the very start and fully and permanently inlayed during the execution of the engraving not "glued".
    During the process the steel is cut to receive the inlays, the gold is inlayed and then finished in a very high quality bulino over several days per animal. The scroll work and leaves are meant on purpose to look 100% continuous as if the animals are superposed on them. This is a technique that many try to do but only a select few master engravers are able to accomplish perfectly and usually only on very high grade bespoke guns. It looks this impressive thanks to the abilities of our Master Engravers that we have been blessed to have on our team!

Attached are some pictures of the work while it was in progress as well as the original draws.

Enjoy the weekend
    RSA
    IMG_9025.jpg IMG_9026.jpg IMG_9027.jpg

A26A likes this.
  7. A26A

A26A Mega Poster Founding Member

I hope those engravers are paid well

8. Reyper

Reyper Mega Poster

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I now have a little more knowledge tucked away. Best wishes on the sale of the gun. Good shooting, Rey

9. bob lowman

bob lowman Mega Poster

Beautiful receiver and Royal Sporting Arms are very good to deal with. I've had several transactions, and all were excellent. GLWS