Ohio Shooter Jim Walker Sr. Passes..

Discussion in 'Completed Careers' started by nitrogetsome, Jan 31, 2022.

1. nitrogetsome

nitrogetsome Member Founding Member

Jim Walker of springboro ohio died on January 29,2022. He was son of Ray and Carol Walker. He graduated from Middletown High School class of 1959. He retired from Armco Steel Corp in 1999 after 40 years of service. He worked in the Machine Shop. He also worked for HeatherWood. Golf Course for many years. Jim was lifetime member of The Middletown Sportsmens club and The Amatuer Trapshooting Assn
    He was elected 5 times to the Trapshooting All American teams.
    He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother Johnnie.
    He is survived by his high school sweetheart Linda and 2 sons. Jimmie(Michelle) Donnie(Olena)5 grandchildren Tyler and Sydney of West Carrollton, Dayna and Emilee Walker of Lebanon and Sara of The U.S. Army. 2 Step grandsons: Ivan and Danylo Kucheriavyi of the Ukraine. A great granddaughter Kinsley Walker of Lebanon.
    A celebration of life will be held at a later date.
    Donations can be sent to:
    The Middletown Sportsmen's Club
    Youth Shooting Program
    6943 Michael Rd
    Middletown Ohio. 45042

T Jordan likes this.
  2. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

R.I.P. Jim,
    We had some good times. Roger C.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    nitrogetsome and T Jordan like this.
  3. Past OSTA President Tim Hunsaker

Past OSTA President Tim Hunsaker Moderator Forum Reporter Forum Leader

Jim and I shot together at the Southern Grand, Ohio State Shoot & The Grand (@ Vandalia) as well as the Mid-American and Fall Festival at Middletown. Jim was always a great shot but a better friend to me over the many years. In the Fall, I stopped by his house and we had a good chat. I will miss you, old friend! Rest in peace..... Tim Hunsaker

4. T Jordan

T Jordan Well-Known Member V I P

When I first started shooting in Ohio Jim was always one of the best shooters. Back then if you could beat the top Ohio shooters you could compete with anyone. I remember one of my early shoots at Jaqua's Jim was shooting practice from 27 yards and shot several from the hip at the end of the round and hit them all. I got to know him and Linda over the years. They were both good hard workers in the Florida shoots at the Silver Dollar.

RIP Jim.

nitrogetsome and alf174 like this.
  5. Agrid

Agrid Active Member

R.I.P. Jim.

6. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

R.I.P.

nitrogetsome likes this.