Now You See It, Now You Don't

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Flyersarebest, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

The last few posts from some "complainers" and a post from the Dawg about shooting at different clubs made me think of this.

In NO way am I complaining about these clubs. Let's get that straight right off the bat. If I was I wouldn't have gone back every time they held a shoot. It just made it more challenging and besides, everyone had to shoot the same targets on at least one of the traps. I'm not talking about some "big" shoot, just some weekend, maybe only a Sunday shoot. I thought it would be fun to hear about some of the places you have shot with a "not so perfect" background.

Mine?
    Fayette Gun Club, Uniontown, PA.

The view from trap 1 and maybe even 2 and 3 was of a TRAILER PARK in the distance. I didn't know they made that many colors of trailers. Far enough to be safe but close enough that if you didn't pay attention you were cooked. A 3 hole orange dome target crossing in front of a background of 8-9 different colors? Yeah, that was fun.

As I stated, I don't want to hear about the places you don't like, just the ones that you always shot even though it was "more challenging".

2. Max Trap

Max Trap Well-Known Member Founding Member

Some of the most fun I’ve ever had was shooting protectors with the late Dennis DeVault, in Ohio, when he was building a stock for me. It seemed like there was a small club behind every tree and you could literally shoot every night of the week. Lots of people and lots of fun. I have no idea what was loaded in the shells he slipped me but LOTS of fire out the end of the barrel and a big hello when it went off. We shot once in a old quarry. Lime green targets and shooting into the side of a green bushed hill. Very challenging to say the least.

3. robb

robb Well-Known Member

Mud Run Club?

4. kenf

kenf Member

Come on now Flyers, Fayette isn’t that bad. The old clubhouse more than makes up for the quirks.

Now Victory Hill in Monongahela with the misaligned fields can trip a guy up. The Washington, PA club with the quarry and traffic in the background presents different challenges too. Last one for now,the East Huntington club South of Pittsburgh was built on an old coke oven valley facing West. If you can break targets there you can break them anywhere.

Flyersarebest likes this.
  5. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

You’re right on all of them LOL

Like I said it wasn’t that they were bad, heck, we only had a few that were really good. The best targets we shot all year were the ones at the OH state or The Grand

I just meant the most challenging.

6. Max Trap

Max Trap Well-Known Member Founding Member

Yes mud run was one of the clubs we went to. Thank you Robb