NORTHEASTERN GRAND

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by History Seeker, Sep 20, 2021.

1. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

I followed the scores all week at the NE Grand in Cicero and wondered if the weather was holding some of the folks down a little with their scores.

Some who are the best shots in the North East seemed to have a little trouble, and I noticed a few regulars not there.

Just curious as I had a lot of friends up in that neck of the woods. Any comments ?

grizquad likes this.
  2. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

The dreaded Potholes...:eek:

3. History Seeker

After all these years they still exist ?
    Used to be mud, little rattle snakes, and standing water when it rained.. LOL

4. alf174

alf174 Well-Known Member Founding Member

I was surprised to see only 3 shooters west of PA made it; and a handful from FL.

5. History Seeker

ALF,

I noticed that also and wondered why.

Even one old friend from Maryland (former NYer) didn't make it, and he usually walks away with a lot.

Wonder how the help situation was, and after the earlier shoots this year if this kept them away ?

Just wondering, as I always enjoyed shooting up there.

alf174 likes this.
  6. alf174

alf174 Well-Known Member Founding Member

I forgot that the Cardinal was hosting the Freedom Fall Classic at the same time so that explains some of the absence of mid-west shooters. Could of been the lack of ammo available? I've heard from more than one shooter indicating they have to greatly reduce their shooting.

7. DEDPAIR

DEDPAIR Well-Known Member

Heard mixed reports from NY, but have to applaud their efforts to get the shoot done and in the books. Like a lot of bigger events, help has been a major issue, along with ammo availability!

History Seeker likes this.
  8. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

NE Grand used to be a favorite shoot of mine early 90’s. Had some big Special Events.

Did they have all the ATA mini grand trophies?

9. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Mega Poster

I was there and where I shot there were no problems banks 5,6 had issues is my understanding.

a good amount of people didn’t go because of ammo availability is my understanding. Ammo was being sold Friday and I think some was left for Saturday but not much.

History Seeker likes this.