No more Ds and Fs in California schools

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by Elsie, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

I saw on the news where they will not be giving any Fs or Ds out in the Californian public school system. This is to improved the students self esteem.

One has to wonder what the grading scale will be? C - 0-33%, B- 34-66%, A - 67-100%???????

So if you just enroll in school and not go to any classes you will get a C? You know they're not going to kick anyone out for not attending because they want the matching Federal school money, and if you can't flunk out? WTF??

Will the same standard apply to California Medical schools? Example you graduate from your local California school - you average around 70% on all your test scores - which makes you a straight A California student. You then apply for Med school, how can they deny you entrance? We know the SATs are bias and they can't count toward acceptance anymore in CA. So you get accepted into Med school, you don't have to study, hell you don't even have to attend class or if you do you can sleep through it and still get a 0% on the test and still get a C. So you graduate with your C in medicine and apply to the local hospital to start practicing. I bet even Pelosi doesn't want that C student to be her attending physician.

The inmates have not only taken over the asylum they are the attending physicians at the asylum. Insanity.

2. Maser

Maser ∞ Based ∞

I get why they're getting rid of the F grade because it's pointless to keep it here in my state, but why get rid of the D grade? D is still a passing grade.

3. bpd20

bpd20 Well-Known Member Founding Member

If you failed you get the F - period. Succeeding and failing is part of life. It is important to recognize and accept it. Everybody should not get a trophy like they are doing in kids sports now days.

Reyper and Elsie like this.