New Shells Going UP

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by oleolliedawg, Jan 12, 2022.

1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Word from my distributor today another new shell price increase of 8% very shortly. Enjoy!

2. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

All the guys that a year ago paid $80.00 a flat for AA's and STS's when people thought they were nuts.
    Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg

3. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

What's the odds of there being enough shells for a normal ATA season? How can the ATA clubs survive with no practice shooting to speak of? Has anyone heard anything about this from any state delegate?

4. Max Trap

Max Trap Well-Known Member Founding Member

4 pack of Nitro 27s in Walmart yesterday were 47.84 plus tax at 7.25%

5. Dobyns

Dobyns Well-Known Member

Pittman-Robertson Funds. In 1937, the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act, also known as the Pittman-Robertson Act, authorized that excise tax revenue from the sale of firearms and ammunition products be apportioned to State Fish and Game Agencies on a variety of projects related to wildlife, conservation efforts and shooting programs.

How will the price increases in the sale of ammo impact this fund ? Revenue from price increases on ammo versus lost revenue from less ammo being shot ?

In my opinion, the Pittman-Robertson Fund has been one of the best the pieces of legislation that our federal government has enacted into law.

6. Billy

Billy Mega Poster

Old news $67.00 here in SJ

7. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

imagine that.
    basic eco101.

end of year inventory purge to save on inventory taxes.......then raise cost for new inventory to create a new norm for the new year.
    and the consumer just takes it and thinks nothing of it.
    sucker born every minute.......second, in the case of shooters.
    stop buying it and send them a message or stop complaining.

bossbasl, MOE and Jon Reitz like this.
  8. Trucker52

Trucker52 Member

Here in the communist state of California, Wal-Mart does not sell shells. We would be happy to get shells at all. Unless, you can buy shells at the gun clubs, which I am President of one, we have to limit shells to 2 boxes per visit just to stay open until more become available. Some of our members are paying $14.99 box at one of the local Sporting Goods stores, so they can shoot more than 50 targets per week.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2022
  9. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member

Why doesn't anyone say it ,, This is the government taking our guns through controlling the Ammo, well all have heard this idea and said they will never take our guns and that's right they are taking it by controlling the components

Jon Reitz likes this.
  10. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

You are 100% right if I was Thirty -- but at 70 I need to shoot when I can -- at any price --the only ones that are worried are my grandkids, if there will be any money left.

Flyersarebest and rookieshooter like this.
  11. alf174

alf174 Well-Known Member Founding Member

I was teased for buying 20 flats of papers for $93/flat and 20 flats of plastic gold medals at $88/flat with free shipping in Dec 2020. Still got 1/3 left though not much in h'cap. Wish I had bought more now.

12. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

I stopped by my local Fin Feather & Fur store this afternoon. They had 5 flats of AA light 8’s plus about 20 loose boxes on the shelf, $14.99 a box. Lots of Federal Top Guns in flats and individual boxes on the shelves. I believe they were $10.99 per box. Limit of 10 boxes of trap loads per day. I didn’t need any that bad.

Got word that Cardinal is raising target fees by $3.00 per hundred. Camping going up 15%. Gotta wonder where it all ends.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  13. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

I guess BT Barnum was referring to trapshooters when he mentioned ''suckers''.

14. Max Trap

Max Trap Well-Known Member Founding Member

I’m guessing we will all cut back. Probably stay home more and try to shoot the smaller clubs. A few close state shoots and hopefully the Grand. My guess is the bigger shoots will be close to 50.00 a hundred this coming year.

15. MOE

MOE Mega Poster Founding Member

Local Dunhams has plenty of Nitro handicap shells for $160.00 a flat and 1 oz. Gun clubs for $110.00 a flat. As far as I'm concerned at that price they can keep them, I'll go fishing!