My Keys to a Happy Life or Your New Years Resulution

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by BRAD DYSINGER, Dec 31, 2021.

1. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Here it is 2021 all shot to hell and 2022 staring us right in the eye. So many of my friends and family can't understand why that as Brandon and the commies destroy the world I can stay so calm. I'm going to let you all in on my secret.

In 1997 I had a ruptured brain aneurysm. I spent 10 days in ICU waiting for my heads swelling to go down enough so they could operate. Another much younger man in the next room with the same condition died. I wasn't sure if I'd be around or not, for some reason my leak healed itself and no skull cracking was needed.

I had been really pissed with the ATA and Tom Aklin in particular and had bit my tongue and not told the dumb bastard what I really thought of him and his ATA policies. As I lay there the thought that I may leave this earth without telling some SOB, any SOB, what I really thought and not ever having the chance too was an epiphany, so now I don't miss the chance because I may not get another one.

So here is a short list of some of my rules to live by and stay sane in 2022.

1 Never hold that thought, you could die with it.

2 Never tolerate stupid without pointing it out. Stupid people are everywhere so point it out to them and tell them so, to their face.

3 Never watch the TV news, read whatfinger, newsmax or brietbart. Local newspapers if you have to so read them online. If I have to tell you why not to watch the main stream media, go to rule 2 above.

4 Ever so often when you get one of those unwanted phone calls from a marketer take the time to screw with them, it's fun and good for you well being. My all time 2 personal favs are the one that called me back 13 times and I talked to for 45 mins or the ones from the Sheriffs Association that wants me to donate to their fund who I always answer I keep my donations local and I just dropped off a couple dozen donuts at the local police station this morning.

5 I never ever count on anything to do with the government, we are on our own.

6 I'm always armed, I never go anyplace with out at least one hand gun on me. 45 for the cities, with maybe a Beretta 32 in the pocket for fun, and small 22 or 22 mag for local. The 45 is getting heavy in my old age. Peace of mind is great.

7 But I say the most important is don't hold that thought, trust me when I say you wouldn't want "why didn't I tell the bit++ what I really thought" to be your last thing on your mind before you journey on, up or down.

Let's Go Brandon Have a Happy and Stress Free 2022 and enjoy the ride. Remember the go old days will be 2021 in a few short months.

2. Dobyns

Dobyns Well-Known Member

I have the peace that passes all understanding.

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

3. Dobyns

Dobyns Well-Known Member

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear God who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

4. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

I always like the quote from Marine Corp General James Mattis

"Be polite, be professional,,,,,, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

5. Elsie

Elsie Mega Poster

Great advice Brad, only thing is there is so much stupidity around I would never have anytime to do anything else if I was pointing it out every time I saw it.

I handle life by running my beagle for a few hours every day then I head to the tavern for a pitcher of draft beer and put money in the jute box and listen to some good music. Local watering hole has a dam good sound system. I sit there with the rest of the pissed off old guys like me and we settle the worlds problems: Commies, millennials, Brandon, government education, California, filthy white liberals, Illinois, Liz Warren, 23 year old barmaids covered in tats, customers in stores who wear masks but don't cover their noses with em, (WTF? your a customer, masks aren't required, but you wear one in the store you're only going be in for 15 minutes and you still wear the sob, below your nose??, just don't wear sob in the first place), AAA,AA,A,B,C,D classes in trapshooting, hell even the state of California eliminated Ds and Fs but the ATA can't eliminate even one class, property tax on senior citizens so 50 year old teachers can retire on 6 figure pensions, etc................ I could fill this servers band width with the stupidity I run across ever day.............

Sorry for the diatribe I gotta go get a cold draft. LOL

Happy New Year!

6. swiftwillow

swiftwillow New Member

Hi, Brad Dysinger, Happy New Year! Its been a few years!

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  7. Bobby

Bobby Bobby Ward

Hey Brad,

Good to see you are still kicking and scrapping! I am calling your post here: Wise Words to live by!

My Addition: Don’t ever sweat the people who hate you, hate is a wasted emotion. If you hate them back or give them some of your time, they win. If someone has earned your disdain, they have thus proven they are not worth your time and consideration. Apply this especially to politics. They’re are crooks and liars with an agenda. One is not better than the other and will prove it time and again. Love your family and good friends and keep them close. At the end of each day there are few things of higher value than a warm fire and a fine Highland Single Malt. Cheers Friend!

8. daledb

daledb Member

I am more concerned with, as you put it, going up!