MX10 adjustable rib O/U barrels for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale-Wanted to Buy' started by Kailsdad, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

I have a set of 30" MX10 barrels with adjustable rib front and back.
    Barrels are Perazzi originals with Perazzi choke tubes and come with a full set of chokes from 0 to 10.
    Barrels have been Pro-ported at pro-port.
    they are 18.4 bores and in excellent condition and were going on a doubles gun I was putting together but decided to go with my mx14 set instead.
    I'm asking $3800 for the barrels delivered.. call with any questions 585-315-1997 Don

Attached Files:

2. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

These barrels are like new and if you check the list price at Perazzi for a new set is $7950, I have a 34" set and these and don't need two sets... Don call if interested.

3. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

This barrel has a very low round count and is 98%+ condition, accepting reasonable offers, Merry Christmas!

4. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

Still Available, not sure why but are!

5. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

Happy New Year, would like to move these barrels so call and lets make a deal... looking for Remington Pump Rifles.

6. Aaron Barker

Aaron Barker Member

I’d like to have them but way out of my reach

Duke2005 likes this.
  7. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

Talking to Giacomo Sports, Perazzi was hit extremely hard with the Covid-19 started and their manufacturing plant is still not producing at any solid level. Danny tried to order 200 extra MX barrels and was told Perazzi will not even start building extra barrels for two to three years, everything built now goes to single guns and combo's only. If you think barrels are expensive now just wait and see and that's only if you can find one. The retail price I posted above is from Giacomo's and is fact, covid-19 has impacted the world as we knew it! Don

8. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

9. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

First $3600 to say I'll take them get's them delivered for that price!

10. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Mega Poster Founding Member

Is the rib steel or aluminum?

11. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

All Original MX-10 Barrels from Perazzi have Aluminum rib's, I know this for a fact because I had to replace a 34" rib and order it directly from Perazzi and it cost $800. Shipping these barrels take extra care and packaging and I don't take any chances, I over pack them regardless. Don

12. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Mega Poster Founding Member

Sorry to disagree. I owned an MX10 combo earlier version perhaps. Steel ribs on both. Weighed more and felt it. Take a magnet and make sure.

13. LCH

LCH Mega Poster Forum Leader

I agree with Veta. The earlier MX10s were steel rib. Not sure when they made the switch to aluminum ribs. I dont mind the extra weight as I like a heavy gun but the steel ones have a slight barrel harmonic that gives off a little ping sound.

14. Kolar Top Single

Kolar Top Single Active Member

All the Early mx10 top single combos had steel ribs I owned 2 of combo guns. If you tape measure the o/u barrels you will find they are 29 1/2 inches long normally. People don't measure them.

15. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

Jim Veta, LCH, and Kolar Top,
    I'm not sure when Perazzi switched from steel to high grade Aluminum material for the ribs but I've owned three sets now and all had Aluminum Ribs. Per Dan at Giacomo's, all current MX-10 barrels have the new ribs due to increased weight of steel and cost to machine and they feel they achieved better balance with new Aluminum design. This barrel serial number is 111xxx and it is new style aluminum but you would have to contact Perazzi to find out at what serial number the transition took place. That said, which one of you gentlemen would like to buy this barrel ?

16. Kolar Top Single

Kolar Top Single Active Member

Most shoot 31 1/2 in o/u barrels that is why it isn't selling.

17. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

Rule #1 in any shooting sport but especially Trap is gun fit... you'll see 29", 30" 31" 32', and even 34" O/U's in the rack for doubles now. It doesn't matter what size barrels your friend shoots or a Pro shoots it's what you point and move to the target the best with. Short barrels move and point quicker than longer barrels and weigh less. Leo Harrison shot 30" barrels on his Beretta's DT-10 combo and a 34" single for handicap and I watched him ink spot 50 pairs in high winds like it was nothing, they fit his style and everyone needs to use what fits their style not what their friends shoot. Perazzi is making "NO" extra barrels at this point and will not be for several years I'm told. All barrel production will go into new guns until such time as product is closer to normal, if that ever happens again.

18. LCH

LCH Mega Poster Forum Leader

One reason 32" barrels are more popular is because they are more common. There are not near as many 30" o/us (especially adjustable rib Perazzis) as there are 32" models. Same goes for 32" unsingles vs. 34" unsingles. Way more 34s out there. So there is a negative stigma that shorter barrels are less desirable. There may be some truth due to the fact they move alot quicker and can be "whippy". But I think the biggest culprit of the negative stigma is the fact there are fewer out there.

I would love to see a blind taste test to see who (if anyone) could tell the difference of 32" vs. 30" o/u simply by shooting one. I would put 32" vs 30" argument at doubles right up there with the 7 1/2s vs 8s argument

That being said, 32" unmolested adjustable rib Perazzi barrels go for $3000-$3400 on the used street market. I think you would have more interest in that price range or on a different platform with a wider audience.

Dennis S likes this.
  19. Reyper

Reyper Mega Poster

Have dealt with Don and couldn't be happier with the transaction. He was very transparent and seems to be as well on this ad. Personal preference whether you want to shoot a 30", 32" or 47" barrel. If you're looking for a set like these, I don't believe you will be unhappy dealing with him. Shoot what fits and feels right to you. Good shooting, Rey

LCH likes this.
  20. leadvail

leadvail Active Member Founding Member

Is this still available? Thanks, Bob

21. Kailsdad

Kailsdad Kalisdad

Hi Bob, the 30" set was sold a long time ago but I do have a nice set of 34" barrels that are unmolested and factory fixed chokes Mod / full
    fully adjustable 4 notch rib front and back and it has a right hand stick on blinder to prevent cross firing which comes right off. Perazzi bead has been replaced with a High Viz front sight and original white bead is available. I'll be looking for $3900 delivered for this set or swap for a 32" set adjustable rib or MX8 step rib design... thanks Don

22. leadvail

leadvail Active Member Founding Member

Don, I sent you PM. Bob