Muller choke tubes

Discussion in 'Skeeters Corner' started by DIXIE SPECIAL 25, Mar 26, 2020.

1. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Mega Poster

Anybody using Muller choke tubes for skeet? If yes, do you like them?

2. Travis

Travis Active Member Founding Member

I've used Mullers and ended up selling them. JMO, but I prefer Carlson chokes. I don't see the value in spending the extra money.

3. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Mega Poster

Thanks!

4. mpolans

mpolans Mega Poster

I like them for their light weight. I think they're a little easier to clean too. I don't buy the BS that they pattern better than any other aftermarket choke.

5. Msmith

Msmith Active Member Founding Member

I’d stay away from the featherweight ( aluminum), too many issues of cracking and damaging barrels.

6. g7777777

g7777777 Mega Poster

I don't know how you would crack a barrel but Mullers have a large following and customer base so I don't think anything out of the ordinary is likely to happen.

In fact lets imagine because it is aluminum and is brittle, that somehow the skirt was damaged, much less likely to break off isn't it than bend like a dropped or dinged up steel one??????????? following that logic the steel one would impede on the bore and be much more likely to cause a blow up

7. Msmith

Msmith Active Member Founding Member

Do a google search and you will find plenty of good reading. You’ll find many issues with great pics.

8. DonCheecho

DonCheecho Active Member

I like em. U0 / U0 for skeet is what I use. U2 / U2 for sporting & 5 stand. U3 for trap singles/caps. U2 / U3 for trap doubles.

9. Jack Olson

Jack Olson Mega Poster

My two Remington aluminum tubes cracked. I don't think there any better then the steel.

10. Wayne J

Wayne J Mega Poster

I've been using the aluminum ones for a good while in 2 different guns with no issues. I like them because they stay tight and don't gather much plastic. Can't tell that they shoot any better than any other chokes.